Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all,

Trying to install this IDEA gear indicator on my Scrambler.

Has anyone installed one on their Scrambler and could offer some help as to where the best place is to connect the single black wire from the LED indicator?

I found the DDS plug so I'm not referring to that. The indicator I have has an additional black wire which you're supposed to connect somewhere. Left the damn instructions in my car, something about a 12v, tail light or something is where you should connect it.

I ended up connecting it (shoved it inside) into the RELAY plug under the seat just to see if the indicator works, and sure enough it was prompting me to go through the gears so it can calibrate itself.

I'm not sure if plugging this black wire to the RELAY is a good idea and if it always has to be connected or it's only for the initial setup of the indicator.

The instructions are somewhat vague so I thought I'd ask here.

Thanks in advance,

Please see attached pic of where I connected the additional black wire.

20180719_182611.jpg

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you can just connect it to the negative battery terminal
That didn't work. It needs to be a +12v input, such as a brake light etc...

I've actually decided not to install it. I'll be posting it in the sale section for anyone interested. I can confirm that it works.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Looks like there are some YouTube videos on the install, if you want to give it another try.

Sarah

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like there are some YouTube videos on the install, if you want to give it another try.

Sarah
I'm ok with the install (workshop manual to learn about wiring), I just don't like my options for where to install it...for aesthetic reasons. Ideally, stuck to the side of the instrument cluster....I'll play around with it.

Thanks Sarah

1 - 5 of 5 Posts