Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone willing to share their ideas for 54 number plate replacement? (i think we all already know of the astroscrambler kit, more interested in those that have done wraps over the 54 for something different or used the carbon fiber replacement and put decals over

·
Registered
83 Posts
anyone willing to share their ideas for 54 number plate replacement? (i think we all already know of the astroscrambler kit, more interested in those that have done wraps over the 54 for something different or used the carbon fiber replacement and put decals over
I am still looking for a solution as well, but i am thinking about using this to remove the 54 for now.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I stripped the paint and decal of mine, repainted it flat black with glossy details and added a 13 to replace the 54.
I have to do something with mine this season (driving me nuts). How did you strip off the paint and the raised number? Sanding?

·
Registered
28 Posts
This is mine:

Just waiting to cut the original seat to put on the bike... the comfort I’ve already cut is too high...

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have to do something with mine this season (driving me nuts). How did you strip off the paint and the raised number? Sanding?

The 54 should be a sticker... you can remove it gently with an hairdryer... if you want to paint the entire part, is plastic... so, sanding with paper, some to let the paint stick on plastic (sorry don’t know the name in english) and then you can paint it ;)

·
Registered
83 Posts
The 54 should be a sticker... you can remove it gently with an hairdryer... if you want to paint the entire part, is plastic... so, sanding with paper, some to let the paint stick on plastic (sorry don’t know the name in english) and then you can paint it ;)
Ah, I forgot that you had the previous generation model. I have a 2020 model, so the 54 is raised lettering as part of the plastic. I can't peel anything off since it is clear coated and raised in the plastic. :( I heard that some were able to sand it down, but it sounds like it was not easy.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Ah, I forgot that you had the previous generation model. I have a 2020 model, so the 54 is raised lettering as part of the plastic. I can't peel anything off since it is clear coated and raised in the plastic. :( I heard that some were able to sand it down, but it sounds like it was not easy.

Ah ok! Mine is an aftermarket and I have bought and added the number plate’s stickers...
... looking at the Ducati’s tech data for your model year it seems that the number is a sticker too, like on the previous ones, but maybe they put some transparent paint on...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts