Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my last bike it was easy to lock up my helmet, the Scramber not so much. Looking for a way to quickly lock up a full face helmet on the bike that won’t rub the bike, and can unlock quickly. I’ve been carrying my helmet with me and prefer not to anymore.
thanks!

·
Registered
954 Posts
This

or this

There are plenty of similar devices on the market.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! Where on your scrambler are you attaching these?

·
Registered
954 Posts
I never use a helmet lock. I have never heard of a helmet being stolen from a bike in Australia. I would not leave my helmet on a bike if it were parked in a city all day locked or unlocked though. The first lock style would easily fit over the bars inboard of the levers so the helmet could hang from the bars. The cable type could be run under the seat and the frame rails so the helmet would sit on the passenger part of the seat.

·
Registered
30 Posts
There’s also this type: Kuryakyn Universal Helmet Lock - RevZilla

Haven’t tried it myself, so can’t vouch for it, but it looks pretty foolproof. Plus, nothing else to carry except a key. Negatives might be: kinda pricey, plus the photo seems to show slotted head screws, which I would want to replace with torx head. Also, if you lose the key, you might wish you’d gotten something with a combination lock!

·
Registered
44 Posts
I imagine if some dumb thief tried to steal my helmet and it was locked, they’d either cut the strap, or spit into it.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I do leave my helmet on the bike in the city (Sydney). I pop the seat up and just strap in around the frame under the seat. It would be fiddly but could be stolen but who wants my manky old helmet – have you ever seen the muck that comes out when you rinse out the inner pads!

·
Registered
621 Posts
I also use a gun lock. I run it through the stock mirror hole on the right. Everyone thinks it's a brake lock also so I feel it helps detur theft.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I've got a HelmetLok, but rarely use it. You can get it on your bars fine, and clip it through your helmet's D-Ring. The downside is where to rest your helmet. I feed my helmet through my bar-ends so it can rest on my handles, but in practice I end up just taking my helmet with me 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
1 Posts
Never, EVER, leave your helmet on the ground by your bike. I was in France one day and there were a string of bikes parked up on the quay at La Rochelle. One had a full face helmet on the floor locked to the rear wheel. I watched in horror as a small white dog pumped half a pint of oily yellow piss into it..... I wasn’t able to stay around to see what happened when the helmet owner returned.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Never, EVER, leave your helmet on the ground by your bike. I was in France one day and there were a string of bikes parked up on the quay at La Rochelle. One had a full face helmet on the floor locked to the rear wheel. I watched in horror as a small white dog pumped half a pint of oily yellow piss into it..... I wasn’t able to stay around to see what happened when the helmet owner returned.
I think that's a very good tip!

·
Registered
44 Posts
I get one of these guys -- a Master 4603 with retractable cable, which I pass through any convenient loop on the bike. It's light, cheap, fits in a pocket of my jacket, and I can use it on any bike.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts