Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Page 17 of my Owner's Manual contains the code for determining the place of production as well as the sequential number for your particular Scrambler. Based on my VIN, the bike was produced in Thailand ("MLO"), and is chassis number 46 ("0000046"). Scramblers produced in Italy are identified by VIN #'s beginning with "ZDM".
IMG_20150424_184307 (3).jpg

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Thank you, that should settle a few things. Hope you see excellent riding weather this weekend.

Sarah

·
Registered
27 Posts
My European Owner's Manual doesn't seem to have that information, though I think that all European ones come from Italy anyway.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Sorry ELVISTO [sorry], I misunderstood your comment. I realise now that you were agreeing that all European ones come from Italy, not that our Owner's Manual has the same information. Ooops ... too early in the morning for me on my week off [facepalm]

=======================================
I couldn't find it in my Owner's Manual ELVISTO. I looked on page 17, where the OP said it was. It says where to find the VIN on p 15 and where to find the engine number on p 16, then on pp 17-25 it goes on to describe the different variants of the Scrambler. So it's not in mine unless it's in a very different place - I have had a quick look throughout the book and didn't spot it.

My owner's Manual is an English/German one, cod. 913.7.275.2A. I also have (not that it's much use to me) the Italian/French one, and that doesn't look to have the information either. Am I looking in the wrong place?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Just came across this post

Frame number starts with ZDM
and the Engine number starts with MLO

So frame made in Italy and Engine in Thailand???

·
Registered
25 Posts
Oh cool thanks.It says B on mine. So the VIN number is the Frame number and the method given above is only for VIN number and not the engine number

1 - 12 of 12 Posts