Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

If you had the money or ability to save?

3K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  injidup 
#1 ·
I was fortunate enough to sell my Everglades boat and paid cash for a Scrambler. I plan on keepinit forever. Also have my original CB1100F from 1983. I would like to buy a new bike in a year or so, would give me a good reason not to squander on junk, and save a few hundred a month. If you were in that position, what would you save for? I do not like touring, Harley's and I have met and departed as not friends. Personally, with what's out there today, I am setting a changeable goal as a Hyabusa 1300. Any thoughts please?

#2 ·
Just a quick note, retired, live in S. Fl, and do not commute. Ride 30-50 miles a week just for pure fun and maybe grocery trips. Have plenty of 4 wheels to do anything I need, just looking for pure reliable make me smile fun. My 1100F still des it, but she is showing her age, the Scrambler is perfect,, but need one more, NEED, LOL, one more make me smile and hang on for life. The ZX1400 has also caught my attention, but then there is the new Thruxton rumors. Let me stop Rambling now.

#4 ·
Not really up on everything new or rumored. I am 99.9 percent sure you are kidding, but with todays retro demand, who knows, maybe there will be that, and a Yamaha Seca in the near future. Or even a new CBX. I remember buying my 1980 Eddie Lawson replica, wish I still had it as well as my Elsinore.

#14 ·
You're right about the Diavel. Nothing to match it out yet.
A friend of mine is on his second Tuono V4, I personally don't like it, too cramped and too much plastic so I bought a KTM 1290 Superduke R which is by far the better bike. There's also the old argument of whether the Tuono is actually a naked with it's bikini fairing.

#12 ·
How about something a little different? An Aerial Ace, a Bimota Tesi even a new Norton? I'm guessing you'd probably have to do all your own spannering but I'd quite happily have any of them sat in my living room, never mind the garage!

Jerry

#16 ·
Kawasaki H2 Mach IV from the 70s would probably be scarier than a new H2 even though it's much slower :)

Your collection comes down to your very personal taste. My current collection is different configurations of twins. I have a parallel twin, a boxer, and an L twin now that I have the Ducati. I'd still love to have a Moto Guzzi and a Harley Sportster. Then I'd need some sort of inline twin.. Sunbeam from the 50s?? I just like small, standard bikes.

#19 · (Edited)
I agree with Jerry's choice. Something other than an inline 4. Have you been reading this month's Bike mag by any chance?
I'd quite like a Sport Classic, or an MH900e, or maybe even a 916 or MV F4 to keep forever as mobile artwork.

I'd need the scrambler for day-to-day use so as not to put too many km on the classic bike.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.