Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And I ended up stripping the hole for removing the side panel under the decal.

Is there a secret way to removing it? Or should I just have my dealership remove and replace since I need new tires anyway?

Help

·
Registered
157 Posts
You are NOT alone. Some jackass ended up putting red loctite at the factory on the left side panel and i had to drill it out last year (curiously the right panel had no loctite and came out just fine). This isn't a bug, it is a feature.

Next time use the dealer...and I say that because I ended up heating the left side, using the hair dryer, the works...and it did nothing. Very frustrating.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I've heard that you can, but it won't stand regular tightening.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Next time you're struggling with loctite just touch the bolt with a soldering iron for a few seconds it will heat up and melt the glue.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I did the same thing, rounded off the allen hole in the bolt head. I ended up getting help removing it using a screw extractor and then filed a slot in the bolt head effectively making it a flathead bolt for future use. There was red loctite on the threads as others have mentioned. Why?!?! Anyways you can probably get it out using a screw extractor and being very very careful.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Use a drill bit slightly larger than the hole you have rounded out. Drill into the head slowly and gently and after about 3-5 mm deep, the head will come off.
Remove the side panel and unscrew the remaining thread/bolt whether Locking Vicegrip.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts