Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've had my scrambler for about three weeks now and put around 700 miles on it.
People stop me and ask me about it, I get lots of looks but one thing is missing. I recall from all the ads that if I bought this bike I would go to the beach with my beautiful young friends and have a picnic.

Are these people supposed to email me? I got a letter from ducati but there was no mention of blond chicks with Ray bans. I thought that perhaps I wasn't accessorized enough so against my better judgment I wore my hideous yellow "I am scrambler" shirt that came with the bike. Nothing.

So at this point I am running out of options. I could either A. Grow a beard or B. Buy a scrambler open face helmet and retro goggles.

I thought I finally had a chance to hang out with the beautiful people when I purchased this life altering motorcycle. Clearly this is just some clerical error on ducatis part. Any suggestions. Are the Uber cool ducati-raties just in Europe right now? The pictures looked like the we're in America as I didn't see any old German guys in speedos.

Any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
365 Posts
I have a beard, and there are no beach parties or beautiful people, even after about 1700 miles. I have a retro helmet, but it's full face. Maybe that's the problem.

·
Registered
66 Posts
In my case the problem with beautiful chicks is more pronounced if I wear open face helmet.. May be there's more wrong with the Scrambler than just the throttle and suspension?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What do you mean the suspension. Man, those front forks are soooo high tech. I think they are actually filled with used fryer oil and ground up rubber.

And the rear... where DID they source that good aweful shock from? I can hear the conversation now "hey, we need a shock.for our new bike" "what kind of shock?" " just send us the cheapest piece of crap you have laying around"

"Well, we have a couple boxes of these things with ugly stamped metal preload rings but there are designed for bicycles"

"Yeah, just send us those, our customers won't know because they are all hipsters going to the beach to drink ironic cheap beer"

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nuttynick,
I think I found the problem. The secret to all the awesome fun times is hiden in the ad. Now I actually do have a long board, and o ahve been kiteboarding for over 10 years. I even tried splashing my face with water and spraying my bike and buddy with a light mist of water (even though it made us slightly uncomfortable in a "wait, was that gay" kind of way.

IT'S THE SCRAMBLER TRUCKER HAT! That is the missing link. Look around 1:05 here...

·
Registered
564 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Damn it! While I'm not exactly your average American (ugly as a bucket of wall paper paste) I'm certainly not an Italian screen model.

For now, I think I should just stop wearing deoderant. (But I'm still buying that trucker hat!).

·
Registered
619 Posts
No problems here, chicks came before the bike made it. Maybe I got some of yall's by mistake? Btw the sandwiches were delicious might explain why there were so many in the basket.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Slight issue, after watching the video again, I grabbed a flag and headed for the beach. Unfortunately my flag looked a bit like the one ISIS use, and seconds later I had a Navy Seal team chasing me. I was going well, but got stuck on a dune, but after persuading them my name didn't rhyme with 'Bin Lardon' they let me go. They even hung around to help me push the bike out. I did ask if they knew any girls, but they were too busy laughing at a middle aged Brit wobbling off down the sand dune.
I was going to try going for a 'Cruise' but apparently that means something entirely different and might not be a great idea either?
What should I try next?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts