Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a VFR800 and so I went to test ride a supersport s and decided on a whim to try out the DS since I used to ride off road 30 years ago. It's been raining alot here and after a few back roads and the hwy, I decided to try it out in construction clearing that was all dirt. I didn't realize how muddy it was going to be :) but wow I was very impressed with how well it handled! So the only regret is I didn't take it home tonight and have to wait till next week. Now I'll be hoping for rain every day! Needless to say I got pretty muddy. I started searching for fender coverage and I see a few people have installed the classic fender.

Has anyone tried the back fender piece from the ICON? I know the swingarm is different...

·
Registered
143 Posts
I have the classic rear fender on my Sled. It bolts up except you need to drill a hole in the fender's rear bracket about 1/4" over from the existing hole to match up with the hole that's in the license plate bracket. You'd think they could have made things line up but no..... It's a tad fiddly getting a nut & washer up there so clip nut would be ideal. I think the OEM bolt size is 5mm, but don't quote me.

The only down side to the classic fender is that it's expensive (it's aluminum, not plastic) and comes in a bare aluminum finish as on the classic so you need to paint or wrap it to match. I had mine wrapped in gloss white vinyl wrap for about $75. I badly wish Ducati offered this fender in a matching gloss white plastic.

But in my opinion it really looks "right" on the Sled and definitely functions like a fender should.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
I have the classic rear fender on my Sled. It bolts up except you need to drill a hole in the fender's rear bracket about 1/4" over from the existing hole to match up with the hole that's in the license plate bracket. You'd think they could have made things line up but no..... It's a tad fiddly getting a nut & washer up there so clip nut would be ideal. I think the OEM bolt size is 5mm, but don't quote me.

The only down side to the classic fender is that it's expensive (it's aluminum, not plastic) and comes in a bare aluminum finish as on the classic so you need to paint or wrap it to match. I had mine wrapped in gloss white vinyl wrap for about $75. I badly wish Ducati offered this fender in a matching gloss white plastic.

But in my opinion it really looks "right" on the Sled and definitely functions like a fender should.

What exhaust you got?
Looks cool.

·
Registered
143 Posts
What exhaust you got?
Looks cool.
It's the Leo Vince GP style. Unfortunately they don't sell it as a direct fit to the Sled for some very lame reason.

I purchased the one for the standard Scrambler and fabricated the mounting bracket. The correct bracket is the only missing, otherwise it fits up as you see it. I really like the pipe, the sound with the DB killer in is just right and performance is very good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts