Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my latest. Gloss white and matte black. Not great lighting but wanted to snap few pics when I got it back together. Side note: I added grip-ons to the grips and it has really made a positive difference on throttle control over bumpy terrain. Maybe the increased diameter helps slow the pull of the cable.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Scowa, that looks amazing. I really like that look.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone! The white is actually just plasti-dip. I had never tried anything like this before, but I am pretty happy with the results. All in, cost me under $50 (and a few hours) to do it. I used white plasti-dip and glossifier. I was planning to get it wrapped, but the wrap guy kept flaking so I decided to do this myself. I figure if I like it long-term, I'll get it painted that color. The exhaust is just the stock one, but I did the baked on ceramic paint. My wife was working this weekend, so I was able to get the fumes out of the house from the baking before she returned :boxing-22:. I might end up doing the pipes as well. I wrote "grip ons", but meant "grab ons", hah. Grab On Grips Foam Tubing Motorcycle Grips Bicycle Handlebar Grips Basically a spongy rubber sleeve for the grips.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thanks everyone! The white is actually just plasti-dip. I had never tried anything like this before, but I am pretty happy with the results. All in, cost me under $50 (and a few hours) to do it. I used white plasti-dip and glossifier. I was planning to get it wrapped, but the wrap guy kept flaking so I decided to do this myself. I figure if I like it long-term, I'll get it painted that color. The exhaust is just the stock one, but I did the baked on ceramic paint. My wife was working this weekend, so I was able to get the fumes out of the house from the baking before she returned :boxing-22:. I might end up doing the pipes as well. I wrote "grip ons", but meant "grab ons", hah. Grab On Grips Foam Tubing Motorcycle Grips Bicycle Handlebar Grips Basically a spongy rubber sleeve for the grips.
Good job !! Did you remove the tank completely to do the plasti dip or you just lifted it ? Thanks :)

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looks awesome scowa18!

Bring it by this Saturday for our special event if you can, I would love to see it in person
Thanks Alex! I don't think I'll make it this weekend. I might be at Frozen on Ice at the Amalie with my 4 year old :hello:. I'll probably be setting up the first service in the next week or so though. Hoping my last few accessories come in before I make the ride over :glasses9:

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
You've done a really good job there Scowa - re.the grips, do they just slip over the originals?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Trying out some travel options. Considering doing a 2k mile trip this summer. Bags are Tourmaster Select. They have a tail bag also that connects to the side bags that I'll probably pick up too. Shield is a new National Cycle Deflector Shield. Works great and doesn't look too bad IMO. Added some extra lighting also. They fit perfectly on the turn signal stalks.
Loving this bike. So versatile. In 5 minutes it can go from naked to long distance tourer. :love4:

image.jpg

image.jpg
image.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Made a little sissy bar for the seat. Super simple and easy to take off. My wife asked for it as she feels the seat is very slippery and feels like she is going to slide off the back. It is just something to press into for extra reassurance. Made of 3/8" aluminum rod. I had considered the grab rail, but she doesn't hold on to those. Her arms are always around me :). We tried it out and she is very happy with it. It is aluminum, so any real force would cause it to bend easily. I was concerned about lower back injuries in a rear end collision. I also painted it with "Rustoleum Carbon Mist". The color is very close to the "Charcoal" Ducati used on the frame.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

1 - 20 of 46 Posts