Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
Had my scrambler nearly a week and done 300km. Its happened twice while down shifting that the engines cutsout and leaves me freewheeling dealership told me that the fuel injection system needs a softer touch when revving to match the gear speed. So following their advice it hasnt happened.
Yesterday i noticed 2 oil patches underneath the bike where i usually park at work, after further inspection i found dribbles of oil from the top of the engine all the way down to the engine guard(its a urban enduro) went straight to the dealership and left it there for the day turns out an o ring was incorrectly fitted during manufacturing, at rear side of the engine an oring hadnt sat properly and as the two pieces were tightend together it took a bite out of the rubber, they told me its been a common problem. Anyway got my bike back but its stationery for now due to bad weather comin and getting some parts painted, will keep updated if it happens again. Btw my chasis number is zdm so i guess that means manufactured in thailand.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh Maybe your right I'll have to check the thread again on the chassis number codes. Yeah was a bit of a knife through the heart to have to leave it in the shop so soon. Thanks

·
Registered
965 Posts
Another issue that seems to be hitting people (me included) is the high beam just turns itself on then fails via the high beam switch, although the passing lever still operates the high beam.

Have to be honest I was hesitant to buy Ducati after reading about reliability issues and this so far has me wondering if I should of bought a Yamaha as I originally intended. In ALL the years I've bought new Japanese bikes I have NEVER had to have anything done under warranty so at the moment I'm not feeling much love sorry.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I thought I have been hitting the high beam switch when shifting up thru the gears and using the clutch. I have been thinking of rotating the clutch lever or trying to figure out how to adjust it. I thought it was just me. I look down and it is on high beam. Only upshifting though. When does it happen for you? Coming up for my first service.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Not me. I've been riding boring Japanese motorcycles for 20 years now and it's time for a change. All of these issues will pop up and people will post tutorials how to fix them yourself and we'll all be good. The Scrambler engine should be pretty reliable for the long haul since it's detuned and air cooled.

·
Registered
965 Posts
I guess my definition of boredom is not having something fail in the first 200 miles. We all know that thats why theres a warranty but it just doesn't sit well with most people to have issues out of the gate. Since this is a new model its probably the chance you take since owners are usually the ones that test something for the manufacturer and uncover weaknesses.

·
Registered
965 Posts
I thought I have been hitting the high beam switch when shifting up thru the gears and using the clutch. I have been thinking of rotating the clutch lever or trying to figure out how to adjust it. I thought it was just me. I look down and it is on high beam. Only upshifting though. When does it happen for you? Coming up for my first service.
Different issue entirely. There are at least three other people I have read on other Ducati forums that have had the same issue on varying levels as I did. The high beam will go one by itself and then after a restart or shut down fails to work with the high beam switch but will work with the lane passing lever or whatever you want to call it.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I did notice mine was on a few times today when it shouldn't have been, but thought I was just accidentally catching it. I'll be more observant on my next ride ...

·
Registered
119 Posts
That's interesting because the bike I test rode had the high beam on after about 30 minutes riding. I didn't remember touching it and I could turn it off. I pulled over and turned it off at the key. Back on again and all was fine. However, I didn't try the main beam to see if it worked or not. It never came back on again while I was riding.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
All fuel injected Yamahas had a safety VOSA recall to have the throttle position sensor replaced.
My Yamaha MT01 also had the complete rear suspension sub-frame replaced. Suzuki Hayabusa had the seat sub-frame's replaced, VOSA again.
BMW, serious recalls, no time here to list them. Losing the use of your bike for the whole summer etc.
The list goes on and on.
I think we need to get it into perspective, nothing out there, not even the mighty Honda are 100% trouble free and a wee problem like a light switch is not going to sour it for me.
This forum is going to be good to gather info have a laugh etc. etc. but if it's followed with doom and gloom then count me out.

·
Registered
119 Posts
All fuel injected Yamahas had a safety VOSA recall to have the throttle position sensor replaced.
My Yamaha MT01 also had the complete rear suspension sub-frame replaced. Suzuki Hayabusa had the seat sub-frame's replaced, VOSA again.
BMW, serious recalls, no time here to list them. Losing the use of your bike for the whole summer etc.
The list goes on and on.
I think we need to get it into perspective, nothing out there, not even the mighty Honda are 100% trouble free and a wee problem like a light switch is not going to sour it for me.
This forum is going to be good to gather info have a laugh etc. etc. but if it's followed with doom and gloom then count me out.
Agreed ..... !

·
Registered
204 Posts
Same happend to me. High beam went on without me knowing why. At first didn't even know how to operate the high beam (vertical push up/down the H-beam switch).
After reading the manual I payed attention in operating the clutch and it never happend again.

With other words "its not the bike" its you (general). o_O:rolleyes:;)

·
Registered
564 Posts
Snatchy throttle,blah,blah blah
False neutrals blah,blah,blah.
Suspension blah....You get the picture....still bloody well looking forward to picking up my bike next week!!...:blob5::blob10::blob6:

·
Registered
204 Posts
Snatchy throttle,blah,blah blah
False neutrals blah,blah,blah.
Suspension blah....You get the picture....still bloody well looking forward to picking up my bike next week!!...:blob5::blob10::blob6:
Dave i like the positive attitude :wav:.

Believe me its a wonderful bike and there is absolutely noting wrong with it for the price! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I don't own a Scrambler, yet. But I don't take this talk as whining or complaining, it's just making a note of things. That's the only way we'll learn. Please folks, keep your observations coming.

Sarah

·
Registered
219 Posts
Also, be sure to ask your dealer what they had to do in order to fix your problem so that the rest of us can be on the lookout or fix the issues ourselves. That's the main point of model-specific forums on the web.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
If there's any problems then this is the very place to let others know, that doesn't mean we're moaning but just enlightening other owners. (sometimes)
I'm the first get disappointed when something trivial goes wrong but just not a deal breaker for me.
I did worry a wee bit for one of our forum members as I was starting to think the snatchy throttle was taking the shine off the new bike, but, I think it's in the past now. I hope.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts