Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to the manual ...

Turn indicators
Turn indicators are automatically controlled by the instrument panel.
After activating one of the two turn indicators, user can reset them using the button (3, Fig. 50) on the left
switch.
If the turn indicator is not reset manually, the instrument panel will automatically switch it off after the motorcycle has travelled 500 m (0.3 miles) from when the turn indicator was activated. The counter for the distance travelled for automatic deactivation is only activated at speeds below 80 km/h (50 mph).
If the calculation of the distance for automatic deactivation is activated and then the motorcycle exceeds a speed of 80 km/h (50 mph), the calculation will be interrupted and will restart when the speed
returns below the indicated threshold.

This doesn't happen on my bike - anyone else seen this issue?
Any suggestions on a fix?
My bike is a month out of warranty.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
500m is quite a stretch. Which idiot came up with that?

I don't think I ever left it on that long (and stay below 80kmh!!).

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK - I'm a new rider so occasionally leave them on by mistake .. I'm sure this is a bad habit I will fix ... but this fall back could be useful.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I've never seen the indicators cancel on my bike, I just assumed you had to turn them off manually, like on all the other bikes I've owned. I forget sometimes ... Not a big deal.

G

·
Registered
34 Posts
Dealer told me they are NOT autocancelling. I have never seen them turn off on their own - 500m or not.

·
Registered
342 Posts
It´s a ludicrous setting. Going sub 50mph for 500 metres will mainly only happen in slow moving city traffic. 500m is a long way inviting someone to pull out on you who thinks you are turning.
Dangerous in my view.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Agreed, I don't think it's well thought through but still better than most manufacturers who don't have any form of self cancel.
Plus, if we get used to a bike that auto cancels then ride a bike that doesn't we run into more memory problems on top of the usual senior moments.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I’ve actually never seen mine successfully auto cancel. Going fast, slow, short distances and long distances, mine have never turned off on their own and sometime have issues with even turning off manually. Is there a setting I need to enable?

·
Registered
141 Posts
According to the manual ...

Turn indicators
Turn indicators are automatically controlled by the instrument panel.
After activating one of the two turn indicators, user can reset them using the button (3, Fig. 50) on the left
switch.
If the turn indicator is not reset manually, the instrument panel will automatically switch it off after the motorcycle has travelled 500 m (0.3 miles) from when the turn indicator was activated. The counter for the distance travelled for automatic deactivation is only activated at speeds below 80 km/h (50 mph).
If the calculation of the distance for automatic deactivation is activated and then the motorcycle exceeds a speed of 80 km/h (50 mph), the calculation will be interrupted and will restart when the speed
returns below the indicated threshold.

This doesn't happen on my bike - anyone else seen this issue?
Any suggestions on a fix?
My bike is a month out of warranty.
My USA 2016 ICON has never auto cancelled ---- neither have my 2006 Suzi DR 650 or 2009 Suzi TU 250. All my Yam's in the from the late 70's and 80's DID auto cancel .. So now I'm hopeless when it comes to cancelling. I can pretty much guarantee that some lawyers caused this in the USA at least :-(

1 - 14 of 14 Posts