Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought it might be an idea to have a post on indicators. Maybe those who already done the swap posting images and info up.

I like how on the rear indicators of my Icon you can not see the wiring or nut but I am having trouble finding led indicators that would be a direct swap. It seems you need to buy an adapter like Barracuda do and the wiring and indicator nut becomes exposed.

This is the Barracuda adapter and I am hoping someone has found some indicators that do not require the use of these

As for the front I have a Dart screen which attaches to the indicator stem so would be interested to hear if anyone with the screen has changed indicators.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I've changed out indicators on many a bike including various LED in the days when you needed heatsincs etc!
Just gone and had a look if your swapping to LED usine the standard mount shouldn't need adapters but looking at the picture you've posted if your putting those race number plates on then you'll have to use a different mount but with a little thought you can still hide wiring.
That's why the designer had choosen to keep them close to the frame less visible wires, but hanging them way back as the picture you'll need to be creative.
Have a nose thru eBay loads of versions LED also use a lot thinner wire hence easier to hide
It's all about the research!

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Mugwump I was under the impression the stock indicator set up on the rear means you can not install a typical indicator as stem is different. I think Rizoma might have blanking plate soon that may allow for an indicator to attach to same point. I do not intend to add the side race number plate and was just using the pic as example. I think I will need to take the back apart and see for myself what will work :)

·
Registered
150 Posts
Sounds like a plan! I've dealt with the "Harley tax" the past twenty years, now it seems I've fallen foul of the "Ducati tax" !!
But there's always a way around these companies best efforts to make us pay thru the nose .
I was trained as an old fashion panel beater so tend to make what I can't buy, except they'd only just invented Mig welding when I stopped so haven't welded myself for ages!
Blanks and brackets are easy and scraps of ally are easy to come across.
I'm trying prove my wife wrong by not tampering but it's hard !!!

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looking at the service manual looks like something should be able to be fabricated of you have that type of skill .... give me a 3d printer and I can create a model but give me tools and not so handy :)

·
Registered
290 Posts
With a little bit of thought you can make a really neat job of replacing the stock indicators I know I've already sorted a new rear set up and I've not even got my FT yet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts