Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have just bought a 2017 Sixty2 which had termignoni exhaust fitted. Just realised that because I’m still on l’s that is considered illegal. I have the original exhaust, is it the case of just changing it back? I noticed it has had the dds map key, would I have to remap the ecu if I put the original back on?

any other advice would be great.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
5 Posts
Simple answer, yes. Just have the ECU reflashed at dealers. Not had to do this.on previous bike myself as I never got round to taking off the Termi.
I'd buy that one off you for my Sixty2 if you weren't on the other side of the world. Just what I'm looking for 😉

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your response, I thought that would be the case. I’m definitely keeping the muffler for future use as it’s sounds so good. I think my neighbours will be happier 😄

·
Registered
19 Posts
ust realised that because I’m still on l’s that is considered illegal.
The race exhaust is technically illegal irrelevant of what license you hold. Depending what state you're in, you'll probably need to get a road worthy to transfer ownership. Just go to a bike garage and get it done, chances are they'll turn a blind eye to it. A mate was in the same boat as you and his mechanic said "if you ever get busted, just say we approved it with the original exhaust".

If this is a thing to make you super anxious, just swap it temporarily for your road worthy then swap it back. My understanding of the Sixty2 is that it's a simple slip-on, the cat stays in place.

What Squigglyline says is accurate if you intent to go back to stock permanently, but you won't need to do a remap if it's just a temporary thing.

I haven't heard of anyone getting pulled over for the noise locally, and goddamn the Termi sounds so much nicer that stock.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea, the funny thing is a bike dealer sold it to me like this knowing I’m a LAMS . They transferred all ownership and did the safety check etc... so I guess on their hands.

have to go for my MOST in 3 months so might replace for that and put back on stock for that.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The only thing that's not legal with the Termi on the Sixty2 is the noise. It's still a LAMS bike, and as long as it's now registered in your name you're sorted! If you're in a state that does yearly RWC then just get it re-approved by the dealer's mechanic next year.

It will have no impact on any subsequent license tests, as they're testing you, not your bike.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I live in California, land of Every Aftermarket Exhaust Is Illegal. that doesn't stop anyone, though. I'm not saaaaying, I'm just saying.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts