Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a universal tail tidy for my Sixty2 (should receive it in a week or two).

Does anyone have experience installing this type of tail tidy on a Sixty2?

Given the rear signal lights on a Sixty2 are connected directly to the tail guard frame (which runs from the seat to the OEM licence plate), is it better to keep the tail guard frame in place and saw it off just below the brake light ... or to completely remove it and find an alternative way to re-attach the signal lights?

·
Registered
44 Posts
I just purchased a universal tail tidy for my Sixty2 (should receive it in a week or two).

Does anyone have experience installing this type of tail tidy on a Sixty2?

Given the rear signal lights on a Sixty2 are connected directly to the tail guard frame (which runs from the seat to the OEM licence plate), is it better to keep the tail guard frame in place and saw it off just below the brake light ... or to completely remove it and find an alternative way to re-attach the signal lights?
Same as on the Desert Sled... you have to remove the metal frame but you will loose the turn signal’s holder... I’ve bought a new short tail kit on my DS that have the back cover with plastic turn lights holder... but the Sixty2 already have the shorter tail so, maybe, it’s enough to buy the back plastic cover (around 10€)... post a picture of your back fender from down and I will try to give you more help...

if you have those two screws near the license plate is easy to mount just buying the plastic black cover ...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Just to explain you better, the kit I’ve bought was made by two pieces... the external mudguard and the internal back cover with turn lights holder...

... but if you don’t have the two holes to join the internal at the external part, you can not use your back fender, neither just only for mount the license plate holder... for example, on my DS’s longer mudguard there were no holes...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just to explain you better, the kit I’ve bought was made by two pieces... the external mudguard and the internal back cover with turn lights holder...
View attachment 46712
... but if you don’t have the two holes to join the internal at the external part, you can not use your back fender, neither just only for mount the license plate holder... for example, on my DS’s longer mudguard there were no holes...
Thanks! I’ve attached a few photos showing the stock fittings.

you can see signal light fittings attached to metal frame.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I
It seems you have... look if in the hole I’ve indicated there is a breading for the bolt, try to screw a bolt into that hole... if is a working breading, this is the back mudguard you have to buy:

And this is the Ducati code number:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Another option could be to wait for the license holder, fix it in the two bigger holes you have for sure (the two at the right of your picture) and look where the holder is covering the metal frame... then, make the two holes on metal frame and holder and use a flat long screw from the top of the frame to the holder and a bolt to fix it...
Obviously, on the metal frame you have to cut before the two long arms that brings the “old” license plate holder...

In this case, you will keep the metal frame, just the part that allow you to fix the license plate holder, including the turn lights holders so, you don’t need to buy the plastic fender down cover ;)
Maybe you will need to put some spacers somewhere, just to adjust and have a straight license plate holder.

Are you going to do it by yourself?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Another option could be to wait for the license holder, fix it in the two bigger holes you have for sure (the two at the right of your picture) and look where the holder is covering the metal frame... then, make the two holes on metal frame and holder and use a flat long screw from the top of the frame to the holder and a bolt to fix it...
Obviously, on the metal frame you have to cut before the two long arms that brings the “old” license plate holder...

In this case, you will keep the metal frame, just the part that allow you to fix the license plate holder, including the turn lights holders so, you don’t need to buy the plastic fender down cover ;)
Maybe you will need to put some spacers somewhere, just to adjust and have a straight license plate holder.

Are you going to do it by yourself?

Thanks!! I understand the options (your English is great - certainly a LOT better than my Italian!!), and yes I will be doing myself. I think I will look to cut the two long arms of the metal frame, and retain the original frame that hold the signal lights. I'll know for sure once the tail tidy arrives .... and I can confirm that it will properly sit over top the frame. If that fails, I will look into getting the mudguard you mentioned. Thanks again!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
You are welcome! :)
Last consideration... from your pictures it seems that the metal frame turn around the two holes... if those are working holes, you can use a longer screw and a spacer (the two screws and spacers that are included in the license plate could be too short) to fix the license plate just over the metal frame... but all those tests are possible only after the license plate holder arrival ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts