Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
I'm installing a set of Rizoma turn signals. These are the models with extra functions. Te rear ones have amber led for turn signals plus red led so you can use them as tail lights and brake lights. The installation for the rear ones was quite straight forward. I had to use some washers to close the huge hole use for the oem lights.
Here I hace some pictures.

I connected the brake light wire and the tail light in the same plug where the main lights is connected so didn't had to splice anything.

I'm very happy with the result.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
But with the front ones I hit a wall.
I'm having issues trying to get the nut in the right position, there is no room for it and also the main headlights is on the way.
To use them as running lights I need to find the wire that goes to the led rim on the headlight or eventually any wire that is hot with the ignition on. But I didn't have any luck. It's hard to figure it the wiring under the tank.
I guess I should remove the headlight but I don't know where to start. There is a big black bracket and the headlight is attached to it.
Any recommendations?
Thanks

·
Registered
826 Posts
But with the front ones I hit a wall.
I'm having issues trying to get the nut in the right position, there is no room for it and also the main headlights is on the way.
To use them as running lights I need to find the wire that goes to the led rim on the headlight or eventually any wire that is hot with the ignition on. But I didn't have any luck. It's hard to figure it the wiring under the tank.
I guess I should remove the headlight but I don't know where to start. There is a big black bracket and the headlight is attached to it.
Any recommendations?
Thanks

View attachment 47014
The usb socket is switched I think so might take the 12v from there to feed the daylight running light.
Here's a pdf with instructions to take the headlight of:

Attachments

·
Registered
826 Posts
I like the added running and brake lights. I would love some additional pictures without the lights on so the actual turnsignal is better in view.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you guys for your help. I think running a cable to the usb under the seat is a very good idea.
I went to Ducati and bought a Rizoma adaptor for the front lights. I'm going to finish the install this week and post some pictures.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I finish the install. I run a cable all the way to the usb port along with my phone cable. It was a safer option than trying to get apart the headlight. These are some pictures, these lights come also in different models like rounded retro that people like.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Btw, I didn't have to use any of the resistors, capacitors (whatever they are called) to have a proper flashing speed speed. They come with the lights but didn't have to use them. It may flash a bit quicker but barely noticeable.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Btw, I didn't have to use any of the resistors, capacitors (whatever they are called) to have a proper flashing speed speed. They come with the lights but didn't have to use them. It may flash a bit quicker but barely noticeable.
That doesn't really surprise me as the stock indicators are also LED items.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's a department of transportation rule, you can buy the most exotic bike in the world and in the US will get delivered with a set of the most crappy turn signal available. The annoying thing is that cars can have turn signal that will never be legal in Europe, like brake lights flashing instead of individual amber ones, but motorcycle can not have LED from factory.

·
Registered
826 Posts
It's a department of transportation rule, you can buy the most exotic bike in the world and in the US will get delivered with a set of the most crappy turn signal available. The annoying thing is that cars can have turn signal that will never be legal in Europe, like brake lights flashing instead of individual amber ones, but motorcycle can not have LED from factory.
Wow, I never knew that. No idea what would be the argument against it but rules are rules I guess.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
To be fair, the good side is that after you buy the bike you can do whatever you want to it without having to homologate every accessory like in Europe.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts