Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So - long story short - During a process of gearing out my Desert Sled for some long-distance riding, I also made some off-road gear purchases for some upcoming trips on the bike. These include the Hepco & Becker Rear Minirack & RotoPaX 1 Gal. Gasoline Pack. I also bought the RotopaX Single Mounting Plate and RotopaX LOX Pack Mount for mounting the 1 Gal. tank to the rear Minirack. It was a little disappointing to have almost none of the mounts line up but I was able to get a solid hold between the tail rank and RotoPaX mounting plate with 3 bolts.

I have to say the one thing that disappoints me most about the Desert Sled is its abysmal fuel range – I get just about 140 miles if I max out the reserve, based on how I ride. I think with the luggage system I've been using the wind resistance isn't helping anything. The extra 1 gallon of fuel gives some much needed security in case I ever run out while stuck out in the woods. Check out the install video below and some pictures from my latest 500+ mile trip!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Great video man, that looks awesome. Question: Does it throw off handling in any way? It’s up pretty high so do you feel any different?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! Honestly I really haven't felt any much of a difference. I've done some long country road rides with it in 20+ MPH crosswinds and some heavy highway riding with it too. The crosswinds were a little sketchy but I also had probably 20 lbs worth of soft luggage on the back too. Biggest thing I've noticed is I'm getting about 5-15 miles less per tank. It really doesn't feel any heavier in the corners and if it wasn't so noticeable I'd forget that it was there. I've gotten a ton of compliments on it since I put it on if that helps too!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts