Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My insurance company just told me that if I change the exhaust on my bike, they will not insure the bike...

I recently purchased a Zard Zuma black exhaust for my Scrambler (haven't installed it yet) but I'm wondering if any of you have had this problem and if you've found a way to get around it?

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I contacted the person who signed me up with my insurance broker, he said it's not true and the person I spoke to must have misunderstood...they must have thought I was doing a full exhaust replacement, not a slip on...I'll update this once I'm 100% sure but this guy who signed me up has been doing this for many years, he himself is insured by the same company and has a $4000 slip on himself with no issues.

Confirmed:

Should be fine. Some companies which don't tailor to bikes won't allow any modification but the one that I'm with understand that mods are mostly accessories...he told me not to worry about it.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Here at least Insurance companies will insure anything - for a price. If you start making “performance” mods to a bike the insurance cost will go up. A slip on exhaust muffler is not generally classed as a performance mod.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts