Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just received my renewal notice from my insurers (Aviva, through Bennetts) and the premium has shot up from £171 to, an eye-watering, £337! there's absolutely no change in my circumstances except my additional 1 years ncb.

I did speak to them and they were able to magically knock £60 off but, I'm not impressed.

I have over 30 years blemish free motoring in cars and on bikes and I do know that insurance is legal pick-pocketing but for heavens sake.......

Today we now have more motor bike insurers than just Norwich Union and Eagle Star of old and I am wondering who you chose.
Cheers.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just checked Ducati's insurance and they can do it for £241.14. That includes ( as did my original ins) breakdown, helmets n leathers and all the accident and legal cover.

·
Registered
945 Posts
I have used them for 2 years now and pay 120 for same cover with 100 quid excess. They are happy to also add a Ninja when I get it to make a dual policy as obviously you are not actually getting ins through Ducati but with one of the brokers they use

·
Registered
34 Posts
I've just received my renewal notice from my insurers (Aviva, through Bennetts) and the premium has shot up from £171 to, an eye-watering, £337! there's absolutely no change in my circumstances except my additional 1 years ncb.

I did speak to them and they were able to magically knock £60 off but, I'm not impressed.

I have over 30 years blemish free motoring in cars and on bikes and I do know that insurance is legal pick-pocketing but for heavens sake.......

Today we now have more motor bike insurers than just Norwich Union and Eagle Star of old and I am wondering who you chose.
Cheers.
Curious if that is a monthly or annual rate.

Reactions: Max Kool

·
Registered
243 Posts
Go with Ducati Insurance. My third year with them, started at 180, now 160 with free recovery service thrown in now the Scrambler 2 year cover has finished (all this considering I have points and a ban to declare....which didnt incur a premium).

·
Registered
255 Posts
I was very surprised how cheap my insurance was ... I'm a brand new rider, so 0 years riding history, 0 years no claim bonus.
Carole Nash - £250.
My assumption is insurance costs are directly related to theft rates in the area (low) and my bike being garaged.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Philgoodscrambler....I notice we have similar age (ish) but it maybe location. If you're near Brighton I imagine your premium would suffer. I live in the middle of nowhere in Cornwall and have a locked garage.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Annually, that’s not bad!

I pay $45 a month for two bikes, fully comp. that’s about £35 right?

Bike 1 is a Desert Sled
Bike 2 is a DR650SE

1 - 14 of 14 Posts