Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any UK members who have an Icon or about to get one, how is the insurance? I'm waiting for my insurers to get back to me with a quote (apparently when I said I wanted to fit crash bungs and panniers the computer couldn't quote and it had to be referred to another team :rolleyes: ) - I also noticed it's classed as a sports bike, rather than a naked? Wondering if this will make a big difference to the premium .. :confused:

·
Registered
231 Posts
Try MCN compare and look at the Hastings quote. It was only 10% more adding the Termi :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I'm with Bennetts and they say (if I got the bike today) it would cost me another £81.16 - that's with no mods!

Ive tried a Go Compare site and most of them say "Unable to quote online due to modifications/adaptations" - that is with panniers and crash bungs???!

·
Registered
834 Posts
Yes I renewed mine with Devitts and was still running from my Monster 1100s and bear in mind that was bought from new at nearly 10,000 nearly 6 years ago. I told them it has factory fitted extras which is true and the value is now £8000 and the premium is more than was paying for the high performance Monster with ohlins on. I did have to stump up a change over cost too but if it doesn't go down in August ( end of term) I will be going somewhere else and take my 11 yrs ncb from them with me.

Crash bungs really don't count as mods in my book. Exhaust and performance related products only. I freely always admit the termis or whatever make.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts