Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
A bigger load of sh!t has never been shoveled,,,ducati is down in racing this is true,,,brand new bike,,understandable,,,sales were the best it's ever done ever in 2013 and 2014 is looking like it's going to be another record,,,,as far as going overboard trying to broaden it's sales approach to a broader audience ,,this writer has a short memory ,,,the original scrambler is a cult classic (try buying a decent one for less than $2000 usd) and the single bevel drive racers were and are legendary,,,made way before they snatched the mille millia and catapulted Ducati into the limelite with the first L twins,,,

·
Registered
149 Posts
I am buying it particularly because it is a ducati. As a former streetfighter owner (the seating position killed my back) I know the feel and excitement of their engines. Now I can sit upright and still have that ducati smile on my face on and off road.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am buying it particularly because it is a ducati. As a former streetfighter owner (the seating position killed my back) I know the feel and excitement of their engines. Now I can sit upright and still have that ducati smile on my face on and off road.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I know the feeling. After 1 monster 796 & hypermotard. I cant wait for the scrambler. I hope people get together with them as well. Cant wait

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I'm buying it without ever having read any of the hype - I first saw a pic of it on a magazine cover and thought, that's a great looking little bike - didn't even know it was a Ducati! It's because it's exactly what I'm looking for after my own retro-styled bike the Moto Guzzi V7, but with the extra performance lacking in the Guzzi. I was drawn to the Guzzi because of it's modern/retro looks, it's aimed at pretty much the same market as the Scrambler. The only reason I'm changing it is because of it's lack of power, which the Scrambler has. The hype is a load of BS as far as I'm concerned, and so long as the bike delivers what I want it matters not to me!

·
Registered
149 Posts
I'm buying it without ever having read any of the hype - I first saw a pic of it on a magazine cover and thought, that's a great looking little bike - didn't even know it was a Ducati! It's because it's exactly what I'm looking for after my own retro-styled bike the Moto Guzzi V7, but with the extra performance lacking in the Guzzi. I was drawn to the Guzzi because of it's modern/retro looks, it's aimed at pretty much the same market as the Scrambler. The only reason I'm changing it is because of it's lack of power, which the Scrambler has. The hype is a load of BS as far as I'm concerned, and so long as the bike delivers what I want it matters not to me!
I just looked on the web and saw that the Moto Guzzi is a little underpowered but looks great. The Scrambler has only 75 HP, but 75 horses should be enough on a lightweight bike to give us some thrills. Good luck with your Scrambler. Which model are you getting? A red Icon (like the picture you are showing?)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Most Scrambler buyers in this forum are in the 40-60 year old segment and I would add, hardcore motorcycle enthusiasts. That is, people that know a lot about motorcycles. And we are buying them by the truckloads!

·
Registered
965 Posts
I have to agree with what Andres Posada posted above. I talked to someone about the "image" thing and to be perfectly honest I never have nor do I think I will ever see myself as a "hipster". I think what Ducati is attempting is to start another "Harley esque" sort of culture which is another one that I would never join.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I just looked on the web and saw that the Moto Guzzi is a little underpowered but looks great. The Scrambler has only 75 HP, but 75 horses should be enough on a lightweight bike to give us some thrills. Good luck with your Scrambler. Which model are you getting? A red Icon (like the picture you are showing?)
Yes its a red Icon :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well I'm 29 and have never had a bike before but have been swayed by the comparative simplicity of design of the scrambler over bikes that are likely technically no less capable but cheaper, such as the MT07. My dealer says a lot of his customers are trading in their 125cc's for them too.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts

^^^^ Right on ^^^^

Sarah

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Real people just don't buy like that. £8k is a considered purchase for most people and we don't give a toss what others think. I know we, me too, like others to like our bikes etc. but it's not make or break a deal stuff. It makes me angry when people who don't spend their hard earned cash to buy something make judgements on those who do.
It's all to come yet, it's not a real Ducati etc,etc, just like they did with the Ferrari Dino and Porsche 924.
Jealousy causes most of it, that's my take on it anyway.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Real people just don't buy like that. £8k is a considered purchase for most people and we don't give a toss what others think. I know we, me too, like others to like our bikes etc. but it's not make or break a deal stuff. It makes me angry when people who don't spend their hard earned cash to buy something make judgements on those who do.
It's all to come yet, it's not a real Ducati etc,etc, just like they did with the Ferrari Dino and Porsche 924.
Jealousy causes most of it, that's my take on it anyway.

I agree except the Dino It had a Fiat twin brother. LOL
I do understand some of the judgments, not that it would sway my purchase. After all, I bought and paid in full for my Scrambler classic, but I had a streetfighter and understand that the scrambler is not similar to the current line of Ducatis and change brings out the skepticism in all of us. I also do not like the idea that my bike is being built in Thailand even though I am positive that build quality will be identical to Milan. Again as you said its my hard earned money and I think the scramblers have enough great stuff going on with them that I bought one.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
The Dino was designed by Pinin who designed most Ferrari's and Enzo (Mr Ferrari) had a major say with it. The fact that Fiat (the parent company) used a similar shape does not make theirs a Ferrari. If a product is designed, built, sold/badged by a certain company how can it not be a ......
Citroen owned both Maserati and Michelin tyres but neither of those have ever been accused of being a Citroen ?
Sorry, I just don't get it.

·
Registered
149 Posts
The Ferrari Dino was designed by Pinnafarina as was the Fiat Dino. The Fiat Dino was almost identical to the Ferrari giving the Ferrari a bad rep. Also both Dinos, unlike the traditional exotic Ferraris used the same v-6 with two overhead cams versus Ferraris amazing V-12 with 4 overhead cams and 6-2 barrel weber carburetors. At that time Citroen had not yet bought Maserati. I remember well because my first car was a 1971 Maserati Ghibli. After Citroen bought Maserati their first new vehicle was a Citroen-Maserati and was almost as ugly as other Citroens and considered less of a Maserati than the Dino was considered a Ferrari. Maserati never came back to the stature it had back then. The Dino was definitely a Ferrari and is now looked at as a classic but when it came out it was considered a poor mans Ferrari and not in the same league as the V-12s.

Ok sorry to go off on a tangent as this has nothing to do with the Scrambler, I just remember those days well and am passionate about them.

Either way we do agree that the Scrambler will be an outstanding motorcycle. LOL

1 - 20 of 25 Posts