Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Almost 1 year ago, my 2015 Ducati Scrambler Icon's instrument panel ( Dashboard ) screen got cracked. After a while the check engine turned on and the fuel icon was flashing. Found out it was a short circuit. i took it to the dealer and they got it fixed. They tried to power the bike and it was dead. they discovered that water has entered the dashboard and damaged the board inside. After cleaning everything, they found out a missing chip in which the bike cannot be powered. As you can see in the picture bellow , something is missing (indicated by the arrow). seems like it fell down when they opened it. The price for the instrument panel is really high in Jordan and i cant find a used one for sale. If anyone has opened the instrument panel before, it would be appreciated if you can help by sending a picture showing clearly the number on the missing chip.
WhatsApp Image 2018-10-20 at 1.24.45 PM.jpeg

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
Looks like a missing resistor? Good luck with that...

(Or it could be nothing, elements don’t easily fall off pcb’s....)

Are you sure there’s something missy actually??

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did you end up fixing this? I too have a crack in the plastic lens. Moisture is getting in and I assume I am about to have a similar problem. Is there a way to replace the clear plastic lens only?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts