Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Has anybody fitted a K&N to the 1100? Please tell me if it’s worthwhile before I do mine.
I’ve also been told Pipercross is a better filter.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have. TBH, can't say I noticed a big difference (in sound or performance), but don't spin up into high Rs that often where it might be more noticeable. I just feel like with the exhaust freed up (Akra system), the intake should be freed up as well. Anyway, it's an inexpensive and easy DYI upgrade. Curious what others have to say.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Has anybody fitted a K&N to the 1100? Please tell me if it’s worthwhile before I do mine.
I’ve also been told Pipercross is a better filter.
No, stock airfilter will pass more then enough air. I think it's eassier then the hassle with the cleanable aftermarket filters.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No, stock airfilter will pass more then enough air. I think it's eassier then the hassle with the cleanable aftermarket filters.
Aw! But I’ve got to keep occupied whilst I wait for my suspension. My suspension man is tied up at the moment with his race teams

·
Registered
847 Posts
Aw! But I’ve got to keep occupied whilst I wait for my suspension. My suspension man is tied up at the moment with his race teams
There's also a tiny risk that the fuel air mixture will get even leaner in combination with the Akra pipe but I think it wouldn't be to big of a problem as long as you don't change the airbox or airbox lid.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Your doing a great job of putting me off. Thanks Skippy just what I asked for previously.:acne:

BTW just bought 2 more watches. American made Lum-Tec.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I did the K&N filter when I did the ventilated Ducati racing airbox lid that comes with the Termi kit. I absolutely felt a difference (butt dyno), but I cant say if it was the filter alone.

I did it myself and honestly its quite the PITA to install and took me several hours. If I'd known ahead of time how much of a hassle it was going to be, I probably would've had the shop install both as the stock airbox lid has to come out anyway to get to the filter.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts