Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So there been some talk about Ducati building the Scrambler with price in mind. Which I think was a good thing. It was one of the reasons I bought my Icon.

So I’m fine dealing with some of its shortfalls in features

But having a temperature gauge that reads the air temperature instead of the engine temperature is just ridiculous.

It’s a F,ing motorcycle after all….

Its not like your inside and need to know the outside temp. Your are OUTSIDE…

My last bike was a 05 muliti and I relied on the engine temperature gauge to know how hot the engine was running especially when stalled in traffic.

Anyone know of a aftermarket engine temperature gauge kit

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
Im sure there's an engine temp reading on the bike. Scroll through the various screens and take a look.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I think i read in the manual that if the engine gets warmer then 200 degrees Celsius it will display the message "Hi Temp" or something similar instead of the time on the display.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Most cars these days don't have a temperature gauge, just a "Too Hot" warning light.
My current bike has a speedo and 3 lights for turn, neutral and high beam. I haven't found it to be an issue.
I'm sure Ducati know what they are doing.
As your avatar says, Don't Panic!

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
I think i read in the manual that if the engine gets warmer then 200 degrees Celsius it will display the message "Hi Temp" or something similar instead of the time on the display.
If your engine reaches 200'C then I'd say it's well and truly a write-off. But, I know what you mean.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I like having outside temp reading but this one is worthless. Its usually off by 5-10 degrees farenheit

1 - 8 of 8 Posts