Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

My bike seems louder than I would expect, not the exhaust but rather bearing/belt noises.. I've owned it since new, but I feel like there's some other noises now. It's got nearly 4K miles and all fluids are at their correct levels, and always have been.

Bike rides fine! I just wanted to try and belay some concerns I'm having over the noises at idle (and presumably at speed, but I can't hear them then).

Maybe it's all in my head :)

Video here*:

*just listen to the noise, cos I messed up the video angle

Thanks!

·
Registered
792 Posts
Sounds perfectly normal from what I can hear there. The engine in the Scrambler is a tad rattly compared to some more modern stuff but there is a lot going on in there...

Stick a de-cat exhaust on it, will fix your problem :p

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all, concerns gone. It's not as loud outside; this bunker (as Max Kool said :05.18-flustered:) echos a bit. And Joooooooosh I have been thinking about an upgraded exhaust. I quite like the look of the stock FT one though..

·
Registered
792 Posts
I also like the look of the FT exhaust a lot. One of the reasons I bought one.

Nothing compares to getting a proper decat exhaust and a remap though. Was a way better bike after!

·
Registered
792 Posts
I wonder if it's possible to decat the stock exhaust and have it sound decent
Not really I don’t think. The standard & FT exhausts are basically just the cat with two pipes stuck out. The cat and the big box is the exhaust. You can remove some baffling from the short pipes, guides on YouTube but it doesn’t affect the noise too much.

Big bonus of swapping the exhaust is weight loss too! The standard exhausts weigh a lot!

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
You can remove the cores from the twin stinger exhaust by cutting off the last 2-3mm. Makes the bike louder without becoming obnoxious...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts