Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I'm looking at picking up a 2020 Ducati Scrambler Icon Dark with the low seat height (30.6 inches). I'm 5'5 with a 27'' inseam. Do you think I'll be able to flat foot it or have at least most of my feet down.

I haven't been able to sit on one since the whole Covid thing. The dealers are all closed but I've got a dealer that will sell me one. I've been without a bike for a year. I was previously on a 2018 Honda Rebel with the stock seat. I flat footed that no problem.

I've already put the deposit down on the bike but just was looking for some input from the community. If this bike isn't good for short riders I might ask for my deposit back.

Thanks Guys!
Justin in New Jersey

·
Registered
995 Posts
I'm 5'8" and very easily flat-foot + I have new rear shock that has raised the bike a small amount. There are some shorter folk on the forum that have made the odd adaption here and there (lower seat, raised bars) and seem to be happy. Hopefully they will be along in a short while to fill you in but my initial response would be – yes, a good bike for us slightly shorter folk.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey JD,
I'm 5'6" and probably a similiar inseam. I could be relatively flat footed on my 2019 icon with boots on.
Once I threw the brown cafe racer seat on I'm flat footed nicely.
Hope that helps.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have an Icon with a low seat and a Rebel. I doubt you're going to flat foot with a 27" inseam. Low seat is about a 30" inseam to flat foot. 29" with the right boots.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I don’t know if you can flat-foot it or not. But you should also consider that the Scrambler is a very light bike and super easy to control at stand-still, when moving it around in the garage etc. I used to ride sport-touring bikes and only recently bought an Icon. It’s a whole different world at low speed/no speed. Enjoying it very much. I am sure you can very easily control the bike even if you can’t completely flat-foot it.

·
Registered
98 Posts
In addition to the lower seat, you could also look into getting a lowering rear shock. Or initially try just reducing the rear shock preload, without affecting handling. And maybe also needing to move the forks up a little inside the triple clamps depending on what was done to the rear.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I’m 5’3” with a 28” inseam (to the ground) and am not quite flat-footed on my 2016 FT. I have the lower seat, Ohlin shock that was adjusted for my weight, and also the sag, preload and front forks were all adjusted for my size. I replaced the rider foot pegs with adjustable ones, adjusted forward so they’re not in the way of the ONLY spot on the ground where I can place my feet. I also wear boots with about an inch. The biggest challenge is moving the bike around, especially backward or on the slightest incline - so I get off and push it occasionally. I’ve also learned where and where not to stop. It’s perfect for me now and I love it!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Besides the above mentioned tips, you can order a Mugello seat. Shipping takes a long time, but they're honestly the best looking options IMO. Their low seat options are the limited vintage and classic vintage. The Nitroheads seats are another option for low seat options.

·
Registered
1 Posts
JD Icon S. I ride a 2019 1100 Sport. I am also of similar stature. I can honestly say that although I can not 'Flat Foot' completely I do feel very comfortable on the bike. As said earlier, the bike is light and mobile, well balanced and feels great at low speeds. I don't think you will have any issues. I love ridding the Ducati for around town and shorter rides. You will not be dissapionted.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys,

I'm looking at picking up a 2020 Ducati Scrambler Icon Dark with the low seat height (30.6 inches). I'm 5'5 with a 27'' inseam. Do you think I'll be able to flat foot it or have at least most of my feet down.

I haven't been able to sit on one since the whole Covid thing. The dealers are all closed but I've got a dealer that will sell me one. I've been without a bike for a year. I was previously on a 2018 Honda Rebel with the stock seat. I flat footed that no problem.

I've already put the deposit down on the bike but just was looking for some input from the community. If this bike isn't good for short riders I might ask for my deposit back.

Thanks Guys!
Justin in New Jersey View attachment 44544
Hey guys,

Thanks Guys!
Hey! I am just about the same as you in height and inseam and I own a cafe racer. I am not able to flat foot completely but still I can manage the bike really well. Scramblers are really light and easy to handle so my guess is just go for it, you’ll have to get used to it a day or two but you’ll be fine! Good luck and be safe!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hey guys,

Thanks Guys!
I am 5'7 and can flat foot my yellow Icon Scrambler. You will love your ride!

·
Registered
233 Posts
I can easily flat-foot on my Scrambler. Desert Sled, slightly. I use both balls of my feet to stand.

For anyone shorter, 5’5” or less, learn to do the “tripod”. That is, at a stop, steer your bike to right, left foot off the left peg and on ground, right foot stays on right peg, Tilt bike to left just a little and relax.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is the lowest and lightest bike i have had i am short leg and happy with seat position. I have seen lowered seats too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts