Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I said goodbye last time but I've not found another bike (yet) that fills the scramblers boots, this is on offer to me:
Classic June 2015
1000 miles
Zard
Comfort seat
FT bars
Updated suspension front and rear
FSH
As new
£6500
Test rode new street twin bonny (crap, slow and heavy) tested old style tri scrambler (good bike and better than st but still no duc scrambler)
Today I test ride the monster 821 (really looking forward to this one)
Next Friday xsr900
Then maybe guzzi but I've got a feeling the classic is a good deal, even though I had many issues with the icon I still feel connected with it.
What do you think?

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
A bit under 7300 USD? Heck, yes! But not till you've scratched the Monster and XSR off your list. Any way you can try the Yamaha this weekend rather than next Friday? I can't imagine the Classic will wait that long.

Sarah

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A bit under 7300 USD? Heck, yes! But not till you've scratched the Monster and XSR off your list. Any way you can try the Yamaha this weekend rather than next Friday? I can't imagine the Classic will wait that long.

Sarah
The scramblers owner is on holiday till August 7th so I have a week to think and it's currently not advertised. I'm off in 1 hour for the test on the monster so I'll report back on my findings.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I want to ride an xsr900 so bad. I've considered trading the scrambler in on one but I need to get on one to see what it's all about. Let us know what you think!

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, just got back from the test ride on the 821 and .... Not a bad bike, comfy, nice power, looks good, handles well, sounds fantastic but it didn't make me go mmmm, to me the scrambler is more fun, it feels less powerful but the power is better placed (low down) and the 821 is no where near as cool, yes it has better suspension and I could possibly tour on it but it just didn't feel as special as the scram and I think I will get a similar feeling from the xsr900 (even though I do like the idea of 2nd gear wheelies off the throttle) the wife came on the test ride and she didn't feel as safe on the 821 as your sat high above the rider and she also loved the seating on the scram. Soooo no monster for me and there's not many bikes left to test so it could be another scrambler or the xsr 900 (but the wife hates the look and I think she'll not like the height of the bike). I'll let you know how the xsr is on Friday.
Cheers

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
No need to test the xsr 900 (don't think I would of bought as when I looked around the show room it just didn't look right in the flesh) as I've bought the classic £10,000 worth of bike for £6400 not too bad. Just need tail tidy to lose that long ugly rear mudguard. Pretty happy with that. Will be picking it up on Saturday (long drive down south but hopefully worth it).

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Hello! What Guzzi are you thinking of? If the V7 you will be disappointed with the power - I gave mine up for the Scrambler. Lovely looking bike but that was about all! Couldn't get on with the vibes and lack of acceleration, I hit the rev limiter too many times and almost gave up riding :rolleyes:

Ignore the above, just read your post properly - welcome back :thumbsup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts