1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IMG_7819.PNG
IMG_7822.PNG
IMG_7818.PNG
I've chance of buying a real leather italia independent saddle for £100, what do you think? I've spoke with xpepi who explained they are slippy but are also comfy, my concern is my wife on the back sliding off or on to me?

·
Registered
733 Posts
Depends what you have now - if you have standard seat buy it.

You can buy a Tribo mesh cover for wifey to keep her put...

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've got a std, urban enduro and a mustang at the moment, the mustang sits me a little too low, the std is bad and the urban is ok for 50 mins riding.

·
Registered
733 Posts
From what others say the Italia independant is better - I bought a Sargent - that was MUCH better than the standard - which was 20 to 40 mile / minute rideable...

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
From what others say the Italia independant is better - I bought a Sargent - that was MUCH better than the standard - which was 20 to 40 mile / minute rideable...
I was thinking more mugello but heard they are difficult to contact, long lead times and the import duty in the UK would add an extra £80 Also the low level saddle might be similar to the mustang which is a great saddle but plays havoc with my dodgy hips.:apologetic:

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Armo
Like the looks of the seat. If you don’t buy it please give me an option.
Gasman
Hi gasman,
It's now on my bike, ive not tried it yet but I'm liking the real leather bit Iĺl let you know how I get on.
Armo

·
Registered
894 Posts
Thanks Armo please let me know.
I have provisionally sold my Tiger so may be looking at an 1100 not sure yet. What’s your opinion.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Armo please let me know.
I have provisionally sold my Tiger so may be looking at an 1100 not sure yet. What’s your opinion.
Hi Gasman,
I didn't like the 1100 at first but now I really like the look (apart from the exhausts). I sat on one at the NEC when they first came out and it felt ergonomically good and a beefier version of ours. My friend has the sport and he loves it, he's just done a tour around Italy and he said it never missed a beat and was more powerful and comfier than the std classic 800 (his previous bike and he would say that!). But for me the 800 is lighter and the actual power to weight is about the same if not slightly better, its a big price hike for a bike that is probably not that much better, certainly it you tweak the 800 suspension.
So if you have the spare cash then maybe yes but for me right now I'll defo be sticking with the 800. I'd love one of the bike magazines to have a shoot out between the two, I recon the 800 might just beat the 1100 in the right hands.

Also I rode to work this morning with the new saddle and the leather version is really comfy compared to the others I've tried, it was slippy but now cured with a spray of Goalie glove glue.

Cheers
Armo

·
Registered
894 Posts
Don’t like the sound of that, it looks like you will be keeping the seat. If you change your mind just let me know. That could be a deal breaker for me, if I got the seat I could forget about the 1100.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Don’t like the sound of that, it looks like you will be keeping the seat. If you change your mind just let me know. That could be a deal breaker for me, if I got the seat I could forget about the 1100.
You can't say that!! I'll feel guilty if I keep it :distrust:, if the wife doesn't like it, its yours:thumbsup:.

·
Registered
733 Posts
You can probably take the pin from our standard seat and fit to the other seat - i would expect they are universal..

Call Ducati parts and check to be 100% sure

1 - 20 of 29 Posts