Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

What you are looking at is the “new” Ducati Scrambler Icon. The changes are hard to spot from the original Icon model, but overall the machine gets a number refinements and enhancements, the most notable of which is the new cornering ABS package from Bosch.

Other changes include thicker aluminum side panels on the fuel tank, black paint on the engine (with brushed cylinder head fins), and machine-finished wheels. The headlight is new too, and features a daylight running light (DRL).

An auto-off feature has been added to the LED turn signals (thanks to the IMU powering the cornering ABS), and new switchgear is on the handlebars. On the more practical side of the spectrum, the LCD dash now includes a fuel level gauge.

A New Ducati Scrambler Icon Debuts for 2019

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Auto shut off signal is very nice too.
What is that?

edit: oh wait, for the blinkers. Got it. Our current Scramblers have that too btw, but you need to stay under 50km/h (?) and only shuts off the blinkers after 500 meter afaik.

·
Registered
481 Posts
What is that?

edit: oh wait, for the blinkers. Got it. Our current Scramblers have that too btw, but you need to stay under 50km/h (?) and only shuts off the blinkers after 500 meter afaik.
Good point, though 500 m is a very long time at 50km/h :)

·
Registered
898 Posts
Do we think that the new line up will include a cafe racer if so anyone seen any details or photos. Would like one with standard bars.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Do we think that the new line up will include a cafe racer if so anyone seen any details or photos. Would like one with standard bars.

2019 Cafe Racer will hopfully happen.
I would fit some Woodcraft clip-ons but the ones that mount to the top yoke.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Sorry, but these look kinda odd imho. Like a third triple tree.
They can look odd at certain angles but they are mega comfy and look in my opinion different and pretty cool, they always get positive comments at bike meets. The quality is awesome and they only cost me £29.00 on ebay ( cost the original owner £300+ with import duty) they are an uber cool billet adjustable handlebar that transforms the bike when speed picks up.

·
Registered
17 Posts
In addition to the cosmetic enhancements, there are many useful upgrades on the 2019 model.
Upgraded suspension, more comfortable seat, improved throttle control, hydraulic clutch, new enhanced instrument console, and for me most importantly is Cornering ABS.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I'm pretty sure mine hasn't.
it does have phil, but the parameters for use, like max said, are utter shite.
Indicate on slip road entering motorway you´re doing 70MPH so they will never cancel, until you leave the motorway.
Turn left in town and stay under 30 mph they´ll cancel after 500 metres, but you´ll have turned again, or been knocked off by then... utter shite, it hardly ever activates. In 1980 my RD400 had ones that worked everywhere. That´s progress, ..not.
Apart from the seat it´s the only bit of this bike that narks me.
Was that obvious that i was narked?:sad1:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts