Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well what a sh*te day to pick it up, cold, rain and wind so no chance of me riding it back due to me suffering badly in the cold and I would probably have got frostbite. I absolutely love it :p and can't wait to take it out. But the bad weather gives me a chance to get all it's accessories fitted (not Scrambler ones, just stuff like satnav, heated gear etc).

I've got to wait till 18th to get my lowered seat and hopefully by then other accessories will have arrived, I'd like to have a sit on the Full Throttle to see how the lowered bars feel.

Got my plush suede effect handbook :)

Saying goodbye to Gus the Guzzi (I don't look too sad do I)

My baby at home in his barn :D

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
I'm pleased you have it back home Gill, And you were right not to ride it today, the wind was horrendous at times,
It looks fantastic, congratulations, and many happy smiles, :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Congratulations, we just picked up the FT, same bad weather, just rode home.
Hopefully your cold and the weather will be getting better :)

Grüsse aus Oldenburg,
Ulrike

·
Registered
831 Posts
Gill the red looks very swish in the nice warm barn. It will be a long wait for the seat because you need it!

Ulrike glad you got home safe bet you looked like Harry Potter on his broomstick in the terrible wind

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Would you believe it Gill, Sunny with not a breath of wind today :rolleyes: What a contrast to yesterday,

Maybe you'll get chance for a little ride today, :)

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I went for a ride!! About 70 miles. I did a silly thing and forgot I was supposed to be keeping revs to below 5500 (oops :rolleyes:) but it was only the once. Suffice to say anything over 70mph I was hanging on a bit :eek:. I went to the Shropshire Hills, got it muddy so had to go through a ford to clean it :D. I love it!! :p

Opinions are:

Pros:
It goes like sh*t off a shovel
It is very manageable
It takes bends easily with it's wide bars
Gear changes positive
Has loads of torque
Gives you confidence on dodgy surfaces
It looks cool :D:D

Cons:
Throttle is a bit sharp and can be snatchy at slow speeds but this might just be down to wrist control! Although I did find going over bumps can make it hard to keep it smooth
Rear suspension can be a bit harsh
Not sure about the comfort of the seat on long journeys :confused:
I found the bars to be a bit high and wide for me, but I am only 5'3" so have tried altering the angle of them and will see how I go next ride

That's it really, here are some pics from today

I wouldn't fancy my chances against this

Doing a bit of offroading haha!

It got muddy so had to go through a ford to clean it! My camera battery died though :confused:

·
Registered
831 Posts
It looks Bella ! Very pleased you are enjoying it and off roading! Love the matching jacket

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Well done little owl, pleased you managed to get out yesterday, still cold but a very nice day, The pics are great, thanks
It doesn't look like you need the seat lowering,

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well done little owl, pleased you managed to get out yesterday, still cold but a very nice day, The pics are great, thanks
It doesn't look like you need the seat lowering,
I do Graham, I am on tippy toes! Doesn't give me any leeway for bad cambers or unexpected dips :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Oh, ok Gill, you're right it's better to be comfortable with the height, but making it a little narrower can also help,

1 - 20 of 26 Posts