Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IMG_2537.JPG
from a lovely run around Argyll on my new CR. Time for a seat with a view.

Had the bike for 3 weeks now & great fun

Now it's time for some mods. I was thinking of :

Led indicators
Dart Flyscreen ( slight mod to h/l cowl required )
Altering the race no plates like member starvmarv black with gold numbers.

Also needs to be a touch louder/throaty so need to look at best options

·
Registered
35 Posts
Beautiful! I've had mine about three weeks as well. It's been pure bliss.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Nice bike. I've had my CR about six weeks now. Definitely would like to have a few more decibels from the termi. I've also noticed the bike transitions from left to right much slower than I would like and requires more effort as well.

I love the styling and the power is adequate, but I feel like I could have gotten more for my money with the 821 Monster. Despite the $11,400 price tag the Cafe Racer still feels like an $8000 bike unfortunately.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Nice bike. I've had my CR about six weeks now. Definitely would like to have a few more decibels from the termi. I've also noticed the bike transitions from left to right much slower than I would like and requires more effort as well.

I love the styling and the power is adequate, but I feel like I could have gotten more for my money with the 821 Monster. Despite the $11,400 price tag the Cafe Racer still feels like an $8000 bike unfortunately.
I would advise getting the Andreani fork kit fitted, makes the steering MUCH more responsive :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Welcome! I too am going on my 3rd week with the Bike haha. But it's been raining for too often, an nowhere near the break in period (i've only done 200 miles)

·
Registered
82 Posts

I realized this came out a little harsh. I really like my Cafe Racer it's a great all around sport bike, with that nice old school feel. I guess I shouldn't expect it to have race bike handling qualities, and carve corners like a scalpel. I do think it's a little pricier than it should be, but then again I don't want to see them all over town either; sorry ducati, so maybe the price will help with that. The bike is great fun and handles good enough. I just need to learn to press on the clipon's a little harder in transitions, as it's not anywhere near as flickable as the Yamaha R6 I am coming off of.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
IMG_2552.JPG
So finished the mods I wanted to do. The side panels were tricky as I didn't get the correct Gold match after taking ages masking it all up with bendy masking tape.

I still think it looks better though. The flyscreen by Dart also wasn't a straight fit. I knew that I would have to cut out some of the existing headlamp cowl to allow the screen brackets to be installed but I am really pleased with the results, it's just the look I wanted for my CR now that I've fitted also the LED indicators

IMG_2565.JPG

IMG_2563.JPG

IMG_2562.JPG

BTW. Maybe it's just me but I found getting the tank on & off and the headlight ( much easier for doing the indicators ) an absolute PIA due to the fuel connections & the headlight adj screw. Not more tinkering for a while for me.​

·
Registered
40 Posts
View attachment 19465 So finished the mods I wanted to do. The side panels were tricky as I didn't get the correct Gold match after taking ages masking it all up with bendy masking tape.

I still think it looks better though. The flyscreen by Dart also wasn't a straight fit. I knew that I would have to cut out some of the existing headlamp cowl to allow the screen brackets to be installed but I am really pleased with the results, it's just the look I wanted for my CR now that I've fitted also the LED indicators

View attachment 19481

View attachment 19489

View attachment 19505

BTW. Maybe it's just me but I found getting the tank on & off and the headlight ( much easier for doing the indicators ) an absolute PIA due to the fuel connections & the headlight adj screw. Not more tinkering for a while for me.​
Love the new number board colours, really nice! I've had fitted the led's on the rear with the fronts being done at first service, just changed the reg plate for a 5 x 7 with a 54SCR denomination, oh and I've some R &G bits fitted too :)

Reactions: Blacktom

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Took the "stingers" off the exhaust & replaced the covers. Doesn't sound any different so confirmed these don't do much - the "breadbox" will need to be removed for better sound. You can't ride it like in this pic anyway as the covers were secured properly onto the stingers & would be too loose like this.

IMG_2588.JPG

So it's cheap aftermarket. Best value I've seen is from co called Delkevic but not sure on the quality. The race Termi is what I really want but £900. Ouch

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I took the cans off and found it made quite a lot of difference, much deeper tone and crackles on the overrun. I machined off the end cap and removed the small diameter perforated pipe, welded in a 35mm perf. pipe and repacked with wadding. I now have a much nicer looking and sounding exhaust note without being obnoxious.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts