Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IMG_6853.PNG
Just bought this, hopefully I can now erase services and errors and even use it on my next ducati. Are they as good as i think?

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Really? Oh well! When you say reset what do you mean as it can be used on other Ducati's and I can't see you having to reset it for every bike, what if you have 2?

·
Registered
945 Posts
Really? Oh well! When you say reset what do you mean as it can be used on other Ducati's and I can't see you having to reset it for every bike, what if you have 2?
Its configured by Rexxer to work only with 1 bike. Cant read any other ecu until you get them to reset. Maps are around 100 quid I was told while back. Not sure if they charge to reset it

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I do remember now they charged 50 quid to reset a friends Evo unit
That's not too bad as the unit and leads cost in the region of £600 euros plus the seller says i can use his account and change his details to mine if thats do-able?

·
Registered
945 Posts
That's not too bad as the unit and leads cost in the region of £600 euros plus the seller says i can use his account and change his details to mine if thats do-able?
Not sure what he means by account? The unit is locked to his specific ecu. 499 euros for the kit and couple of different maps I believe. I got 3 maps in the deal...

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not sure what he means by account? The unit is locked to his specific ecu. 499 euros for the kit and couple of different maps I believe. I got 3 maps in the deal...
Yeah 499 plus 98 for the correct lead, so i would say it' s a good buy as I'm looking at buying another bike later in the year so I'd have to do the same whether I bought it new or used?

·
Registered
945 Posts
Yeah 499 plus 98 for the correct lead, so i would say it' s a good buy as I'm looking at buying another bike later in the year so I'd have to do the same whether I bought it new or used?
Lead comes with unit for 499. For another bike that has different ecu that means new lead and maps as well as resetting of unit.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Lead comes with unit for 499. For another bike that has different ecu that means new lead and maps as well as resetting of unit.
Spoke to the seller and he's offering a refund if I have to pay for a reset and maps but do you not think it' still worh £210 for the unit? Or £260 with a reset bearing in mind I have the race ecu and am only looking at using it for a service reset or another bike.

·
Registered
230 Posts
The unit is only locked to a specific bike if the original fuel map isn't on the bikes ecu. So once the RexXer map has been swapped back to the original fuel map, the unit can be used on any bike.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The unit is only locked to a specific bike if the original fuel map isn't on the bikes ecu. So once the RexXer map has been swapped back to the original fuel map, the unit can be used on any bike.
So the seller has put the original map back on his bike then sold it so maybe it is unlocked?

·
Registered
945 Posts
So the seller has put the original map back on his bike then sold it so maybe it is unlocked?
No its locked to that ECU for good until rexxer send a file that unlocks it. It cost 50 quid for me to unlock a friends. Will look back at my emails and see if that was a favour they had done as I was a repeat customer.

I personally would give it back. Buy a unit from rexxer and ask for 2 maps as part of the deal but it is up to you.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Sorry could not find emails that far back so you need to message Rexxer directly and see how much it costs to reset as could be 100 quid normally.

When you send Rexxer your ecu map it contains the ecu's serial number etc and that is how they lock the unit to work only with your ECU. I know this as I asked them the question about using my evo unit on a friends bike. They would make not so much cash if they allowed it to be used on any other bike.

I was one of the first to get the Scrambler sorted with an Evo unit and talked with Chris of rexxer.eu a lot. He left the company and his brother was running it last time I contacted them which was end of 2016.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Just to add I do not mean to sound as if you made a bad move....just talk with Rexxer before you decide if it is cheaper to keep it for your intended use. Good of the seller to offer refund or maybe partial refund might work too. Good luck

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just to add I do not mean to sound as if you made a bad move....just talk with Rexxer before you decide if it is cheaper to keep it for your intended use. Good of the seller to offer refund or maybe partial refund might work too. Good luck
No offence taken you've been really informative and I could have ended up buying something that's no good for me. See what he comes back with on Monday, if not I can put it towards new tyres.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Hey TC3, I´ve read that the Scrambler specific Rexxer can´t reset the maintenance warnings. Rexxer have cracked that for other bikes but not yet the scrambler. Have you actually done a maintenance warning reset and hence can you throw any light(excuse the pun!) on whether this is myth or not?
Cheers

·
Registered
945 Posts
Hey TC3, I´ve read that the Scrambler specific Rexxer can´t reset the maintenance warnings. Rexxer have cracked that for other bikes but not yet the scrambler. Have you actually done a maintenance warning reset and hence can you throw any light(excuse the pun!) on whether this is myth or not?
Cheers
A software update has apparently enabled this. I have the update but have not had a chance to see if it now works.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Maybe I do have it wrong but I thought that when you pair up the Evo unit to the ecu and extract the bikes original (oem) fuel map, that is when the Evo unit is locked to that bike in terms of only being able to remove and add fuel maps for that particular bike.
My understanding is that you can still use the Evo unit on other bikes to perform diagnostic procedures but not removing/adding fuel maps.
If the new (RexXer) fuel map was removed from the said ecu and the original (oem) fuel map was added back, i thought this would unlock the Evo unit so that it could be used to remove/add fuel maps on other bikes.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts