Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All. Sad but happy day. Traded in my R NineT Pure for a 1100 scrambler. Rode it about 40 miles and first think that comes to mind is the bike is really flickable. Fun to ride but I need to get used the tank sticking out between by legs. Feels very different than my previous bike, a lot more nimble and I like the seat positioning much better. Anyways, just wanted to say Hello introduce myself and look forward to learning a lot for my fellow members! Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
906 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I have a black 1100.
If you think the 1100 is flickable you should try an 800 with sorted suspension.

·
Registered
906 Posts
I had mine set up professionally I can give you the settings but they don’t include the preload on the front unfortunately.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That’d be great, thank you. Also the clutch, it seems as though it is is really easy to squeeze the clutch (as in not much pressure required). Is this normal? And everything I shift gears, I can feel that shift in the clutch lever, if that makes sense?

·
Registered
906 Posts
The clutch on the 1100 is hydraulic so may feel lighter. A big improvement on the 1100 is to fit aftermarket levers it makes the clutch adjustment much better and transforms the riding experience. Will get the settings for my suspension tomorrow as it’s the middle of the night now and I’ve just got up in pain not sleeping too well.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Checked my suspension settings as follows.
Compression 31/2 turns out
Rebound 1/2 turn out
Preload front 1 turn out on each leg, obviously this will vary with rider weight I am 95kg kitted
Preload rear 18-20mm thread showing see photo
Shock adjuster screw 3 clicks out.
All settings start with the adjusters fully in.
upload_2019-9-14_10-42-20.jpeg

I think that’s all the data you need, but if you need any more please get back to me.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Sorry forgot to add to my post.
Before entering my settings make a note of yours. If mine are no good for you, you can then revert to the originals

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thats really helpful info, thank you. I too am 95kg so I'll set mine the same as yours and see how I get on.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts