Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a Desert Sled.. Im so excited.. originally went there to look at the full throttle walked away putting money down on the Blk Desert Sled... Im 6ft tall..the other scramblers seem to small for my height, i dunno.. I do have an offroad bike as well, a DRZ 400.. i just like that its a bit higher up and on/off road..

I cannot wait to get my hands on this machine.. this is going to be my commuter bike actually.. I love the tires on it, but once those wear out, will probably be putting street tires on it..

I have been googling the plate holder delete kit, what are you guys using?

does the NRC work out on the desert sled??

thanks guys..

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
In regards to the plate holder delete, I simply hacked off the original one, and fabbed a simple bracket from a strip of steel from ACE hw to hold the plate in place.

IMG_4970.jpg

The stock tires aren't bad at all btw. I love them for street and canyon carving. Plenty of grip. I just fitted a new rear and I wouldn't know where they would need improvement for my riding. This is the front after 5500 miles....

IMG_5031.jpg

GLHF!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In regards to the plate holder delete, I simply hacked off the original one, and fabbed a simple bracket from a strip of steel from ACE hw to hold the plate in place.

View attachment 36349

The stock tires aren't bad at all btw. I love them for street and canyon carving. Plenty of grip. I just fitted a new rear and I wouldn't know where they would need improvement for my riding. This is the front after 5500 miles....

View attachment 36347

GLHF!

Nice... Oh if the tires last a decent amount of time. I'll just keep them. The stock tires do look sick .

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yeah and they work really well for street and off road .. bit slippery on gravel but what isn’t !

When do you take delivery ?

·
Registered
38 Posts
That’s a bit of a wind up isn’t it :)

If it’s any consolation I am at work to much and look at the posts of guys riding the most amazing places on a lazy Sunday whilst my bike sits there under a cover ... also a wind up !!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i spent the weekend up at big bear ca.. rode my DRZ at John Bull and Gold Mountain.. I dont think the jeepers like us there much.. but it was fun as hell

image000000.jpg

·
Registered
143 Posts
i spent the weekend up at big bear ca.. rode my DRZ at John Bull and Gold Mountain.. I dont think the jeepers like us there much.. but it was fun as hell

View attachment 36409

I've ridden up at Big Bear a few times, fun place to ride with lots of route options. I don't mind the Jeep guys, it's the side by sides that I hate as they are usually ripping around without caring much about who's around the next corner. You gotta watch out for those big time.

I'd like to go back up there with the Sled and ride some of those same routes. Let me know if when you might like to ride Sleds up there. Maybe Max + ??? other SoCal riders might like to join in. This particular route would be easy on a Sled.

This is a shot of me and my Beta 500 RR-S up at one of the fire lookouts.

BTW, my wife is Pinay.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I've ridden up at Big Bear a few times, fun place to ride with lots of route options. I don't mind the Jeep guys, it's the side by sides that I hate as they are usually ripping around without caring much about who's around the next corner. You gotta watch out for those big time.

I'd like to go back up there with the Sled and ride some of those same routes. Let me know if when you might like to ride Sleds up there. Maybe Max + ??? other SoCal riders might like to join in. This particular route would be easy on a Sled.

This is a shot of me and my Beta 500 RR-S up at one of the fire lookouts.

BTW, my wife is Pinay.

Nice.. Big bear chock full of sled spots.. alot of blue trails.. i would hate to drop the sled tho.. i still have not taken delievery yet.. hopefully this weekend.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Got the bike the today.. put like 70 miles on it.. but there is a problem... the flipping turn signal button broke off.. unbelievable... so now if i signal i can turn off the signal.. i called ducati and the guy said he would replace it for free.. but he never called me back.. kind of a bummer man.. i put installed the NRC FE kit too.. the plate holder is pretty deep.. crossing fingers.. hoping i dont get a fix-it ticket for that.. i had a similar FE kit like that on my CBR and cop pulled me over for it.. made me fix it.. but that was years after i installed it.

this isnt my bike but this is what happened to mine today... they need to redesign this.. happens to guys on the monsters too..

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I fixed the button by carving up a golf tee.. lol.. but ya know what.. i absolutely love this bike.. so comfy compared to the cbr. itll be a lovely commuter.

·
Registered
734 Posts
did happen to me also, had to buy the complete switch, however did glue the tip of the button ...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts