Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

Just noticed Corbin has developed Scrambler seat

17K views 50 replies 19 participants last post by  Tiger68 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Just speaking from past experiences and your experience may or may not be different but the seat I have tried from them was not comfortable and when there was a complete failure of the seat design they sent me (the actual seat pan was molded incorrectly and was too long).

Their customer service as well as even the actual owner (I think his name was Mike) pretty much called me a "liar" until I proved to them their mistake by sending pictures. I will never personally give them another cent after my experience but many people must like them since they are still around.

#3 ·
I had a similarly not-so-great customer service experience with them when, after doing the drive-in service and getting my seat, they never shipped my original stock seat back like they said. The lady in the front argued until she was blue in the face saying she has proof it was sent out weeks ago and delivered, with me saying that, no, it wasn't. Lo and behold, a week later it shows up with a postmark of the day I called.

I've also found the seats uncomfortable, at least for my GS. It was too wide and hard, and even after 1k miles to "break it in", I never took a liking to it. Gotta say though they make gorgeous seats (as long as you don't look at the fugly and HEAVY fiberglass pan they use, yeesh!).

#4 ·
I agree , the only true way to get your seat the way you won't it , is to get your seat done by a local seat repairer guy in your area , they can make your seat just the way you won't it and if there' is any problems you can take it back for modifications ( I love my new seat )

#5 ·
Hey
I no longer own a Scrambler but my seat sucked. I have had corbin on my streetfighter and harley that were great and terrible on my S1000R. The S1000r has a Sargent which works better on it. YMMV but I have never had a seat reupholstered even with and without gelpak that stayed comfortable very long, but the seats were pretty. Regardless having options is a good thing.

#8 ·
Yeah usually they stitch their logo into the leather instead of using a removable tab like Sargent or Seat Concepts, making it much harder to remove.

I will give Corbin that their seats LOOK incredible, but the foam is just way too hard for anyone but the heaviest of backsides. Maybe it makes things better to have a wider plank on the bike, but damn that foam is tough...

#10 · (Edited)
I just got the gunfighter seat yesterday. First Corbin, and it is definitely firm (I had a Sargent on my GS), but I'm liking it so far. I live in CA, so I did the ride-in service and they shaved down/built up the seat to my liking. I have to be honest, I was sold on the looks. I'll follow up soon, I log almost 2K mi per month. Their in-house customer service was great.

Edit: The seat pan fit perfectly, and the upholstery actually marries up more precisely with the bodywork than the stock seat.

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Automotive lighting
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

#27 ·
I just got the gunfighter seat yesterday. First Corbin, and it is definitely firm (I had a Sargent on my GS), but I'm liking it so far. I live in CA, so I did the ride-in service and they shaved down/built up the seat to my liking. I have to be honest, I was sold on the looks. I'll follow up soon, I log almost 2K mi per month. Their in-house customer service was great.

Edit: The seat pan fit perfectly, and the upholstery actually marries up more precisely with the bodywork than the stock seat.

View attachment 2974 View attachment 2975

View attachment 2974 View attachment 2975

#12 ·
Thanks. I'm probably going to take the rear fender off too, and see how that looks. Finally got my 'Stich leathers, so it shouldn't matter if my back gets wet.

The wire is the charger for my iPhone. I have a waterproof case for it that mounts on my handlebar, so I can use it as a GPS. I plugged it into the USB connection under the seat, poked a hole in the dust cap just large enough to force the lightning connector through, and leave it connected.

#14 ·
its quite easy to re-route that cable to come through on the front of the tank.

Beautiful seat. Nice touch on the red.

#17 ·
Product Transport Automotive design Vehicle Scooter

This one is even more expensiver, more so with the backrest. I'm fine with throwing the stocker back on when the wifey wants to go for a ride. I think the regular gunfighter looks much better.

Regarding the USB cable, the one that comes with the phone is a smidge too short to route around the tank. I have a 2 meter gunmetal grey braided cable on order. Should arrive Monday!

#18 ·
My seat just arrived a few days short of the promised 4 weeks.

It is a firm, but comfortable seat. It feels more like sitting in a captains chair versus straddling a post. There's more support for the upper thigh, which points my legs straight forwards and snug against the tank, whereas on the original seat they rest naturally in a more akimbo position.

I've only ridden it a couple miles, and I won't have a better assessment until the weekend, but so far it is more comfortable to me (maybe it is just the thinner wallet).

There is an argument to be made that Corbin should use gel, and some people just aren't comfortable on their seats, but I can't find fault with the quality. It is a well made seat. My last aftermarket seat started coming apart at the seams in under two years, and I won't make that mistake again.

All in all, I'm pretty pleased. It is a bit more yellow than I had in mind, but I imagine it will age to a more neutral tone. More importantly, my ass doesn't have eyeballs and doesn't care.

Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle
Motorcycle Vehicle Orange Motor vehicle Bicycle saddle
Land vehicle Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive lighting Motorcycle
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Motorcycle accessories

#22 ·
As a follow up, I just got back from doing a tour of nine states in seven days for a total of over 2,500 miles. I kept it pretty easy; my two longest days were still only 450 miles, but I rode at least a couple hundred a day. The Corbin seat, while hard, was comfortable the entire trip. At no point did I feel like I just had to get off the bike or wasn't ready to hop right back on in the morning. I attribute the comfort to the posture it puts you into as much as anything else. In the end, I'm very pleased, and know I would've never made the trip on the stock seat.

#24 · (Edited)
Remember, folks, this is a "dual sport" bike, which means it's meant to be able to be taken off-road every so often.

There are no "tractor" seats on any dirt bike, anywhere.

Riding dirt, you need to be able to slide back and forth on the seat to properly distribute weight to either the front or back wheel, depending on where you are in a turn.

A proper "dirt" seat is more bench than saddle.

Sargent, Corbin do you hear me?

#26 ·
You speak the truth, Dave.

I rarely get off-road as much as I'd like, and I really don't mind the "café" style everyone seems to be going after, since most Scrambler owners will probably never get in the dirt.

I'm just hopeful one of the seat companies will come up with something more traditional for those of us that do.

#28 ·
I have had many Corbin seats previously and all were a significant improvement over stock. The foam is firm but the way the seat is sculpted and maintains that shape works for me at 180 lbs. How my butt feels after one hour in a Corbin seat is the way it feels after eight hours - good. I am planning on wrapping the sides and back panel red. What color is the red you chose? I believe I had red leather color highlights on a 900ss seat years back but your shade looks lighter. If I remember the red leather shade was darker than the Ducati red.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.