Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

K-Tech Bullit shocks and Tracker forks

13K views 21 replies 9 participants last post by  stavely 
#1 ·
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motorcycle accessories Automotive exhaust
Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Motorcycle Car
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Car
Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Automotive tire Spoke
K-Tech Suspension has just released fully adjustable fork cartridges and a Bullit shock for the Scrambler

See less See more
#2 ·
As with the Custom models the Bullit shocks are available in Gold, Black (DLC) and Chrome options.
K-Tech says, shock:
  • Inceased comfort and control
  • Forged aluminium parts
  • Nitrogen filled N2
  • Patented design
  • Simply bolts on to replace original equipment
Price starts around £320 plus VAT

#6 ·
Sarah, Yes we are the North American Distributor for K-Tech Suspension.The Bullit shocks and Tracker cartridges are already gaining
popularity with some of our other Harley and Indian Scout fitments. We are pretty excited to release the Scrambler fork and shock. The Bullit shock will retail at $495.00 for the black/chrome version and $579.00 for the black with gold(ti-nitride do) or black/DLC coated shafts. The fully adjustable cartridges are $895.00 These will be available through qualified dealers and our regional service centers.

#11 ·
OX,

Any word from an actual Scrambler owner yet?? I'm wondering if this new type shock might be a better choice for a relatively lightweight (125lb) rider. Can you explain the design just a bit more? I surely like the look, can't complain about the price, either. Thank you!

Sarah

#13 ·
The Bullit shock utilizes patented internal valving and a nitrogen gas charged springless pneumatic design that is actually quite advanced. This lends itself well to applications that only allow relatively short stroke as with the Scrambler. Ride quality through all conditions is substantially improved and the extremely progressive spring action also applies to quite a wide range of rider weight and luggage loads.

#15 ·
We tested with a wide range of riders and passengers and were quite impressed with the ability of the shock to maintain
all aspects of great road holding and ride quality. Even with two full sized adult males aboard the ride quality is not compromised nor you can not bottom it.

#21 ·
We tested with a wide range of riders and passengers and were quite impressed with the ability of the shock to maintain
all aspects of great road holding and ride quality. Even with two full sized adult males aboard the ride quality is not compromised nor you can not bottom it.
Funny you mention "Two Full Sized Adult Males" because dont think that even if that was by EU standards would it be true. It couldn't even handle two rather lithe ladies. Shes 5'7'' 111 and im 5'10'' 135. I have one of these shocks and when my partner and I were crossing an intersection going about 40, the compression of us exiting the intersection bottomed out my bullet and it completely lost its charge. So now I am waiting to see what Ktech does with it and shopping for another shock.

#18 ·
It seems to me that there is no pre load adjustment with this shock. Surely that compromises the sag/steering head angle, and thus handling, depending on the weight of rider and more so with luggage/pillion? With a spring shock you can adjust for this.
This may be a way more comfortable shock than std. but it may fall short of other after market offerings in terms of handling.
And handling is one of the Scramblers outstanding features for me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.