Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
I have no experience with these. I had an air shock on my BMW though. Very compliant ride.

Keep one thing in mind though: if it ever leaks, your ride ends right there. On a conventional shock you can at least limp home....

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have the "golden" version along with K-Tech trackers in the front fork.
10K km no problem.
Great improvement and looks nice too ;)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Doesn't seam like their is much solid info on these shocks. I have only seen a couple of people on the forum try them. Hard to believe that with no adjustment they work for all riders no matter what you weigh or riding conditions. It would be nice to see a real reveiw.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I have fitted the Bullit shock to my wifes Classic.
The ride is much improved but the static sag with rider is greater by 30mm therefor ground clearance and seat height is reduced, not a problem for my wife as she is not such an aggressive rider on the Scrambler as she is on her Diavel.
I have ordered another for my Urban, this time I have requested it with increased pressure to compensate for this in-order to suit my riding style, my 1st set of tyres lasted 1700 miles as a clue.

If you read the K-Tech info. you will see they can be ordered with an increased length stansion. This only applies to the twin shock bikes like the Indian and Triumphs, hence my need for more presure.
It will be into March before I receive it as there is a wait for the gold and black type. Then we'll see if comfort has been affected.
Just to clarify; the sag without rider is actually less than standard, it's only with rider it sinks further.
When riding the travel total is a similar distance (measured with zip tie) to standard but it is impossible to go coil bound (obviously) or bottom out by cunning pattented internal design.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Thanks for all the info. I'm not sure why they don't make it adjustable. The fact that you can't dial it in is definitely why it's not a big seller. I like the looks but I think I'm going to go with Nitron.

·
Registered
75 Posts
So I had the bullit shock on my Scrambler for a while.
And I sold it to a (now) friend. Once he installed it on his scrambler, we noticed that the sag was almost non existent and the shock bottomed out just under the weigt of the bike..

I contacted K-Tech and they were swift in reply and communication:
"It is possible that the seal that separates the gas and oil has worn out. We have seen this in a few cases. We have a new upgrade seal and piston to prevent this happening."

They rebuild the shock free of charge, even few moths out of warranty

Would recommend them any time. The suspension was way better with theit tracker cartridges and bullit shock installed.

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
The main reason why I would never buy a shock like this.... Loose pressure and you're stranded.

(I had a BMW G650XChallenge with an air bladder suspension in the rear. Apart from the fact that it didn't have any reasonable rebound damping there have been a few people that had a leaky shock that left them stranded)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts