Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Bought a 2016 model 62 last week, put about 100 miles on it. Rode it into work this morning and can't get the key out of the ignition.

It rotates smoothly from on to off to park, but the key won't come out regardless of position or fork wiggle.

·
Registered
896 Posts
I wouldn’t be too keen on something like WD40 in an ignition barrel. It will attract dirt once the key is removed. Graphite power would be a better option.
If you can tak the bike to a locksmith that would probably be the best option. I had a key stuck in a pannier once and the locksmith got it out easily.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So, it may have been literally frozen in the cylinder. I walked out around 6pm and the key popped right out. Rode home, popped in/out just fine. I cleaned a little bit of lint/grease/something out of one side that MIGHT have been frozen and locking the key in place, but really no juicy payoff here. We were below freezing all day until late afternoon, so I figure sun, warm, etc.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Tough rider. Glad that worked out, take care on that frozen commute.

Sarah

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Honestly, 3-4 layers of clothes and I'm fine. I don't really get cold (to me, toughness would be being freezing and fighting it anyway).

But I figure if it's cold enough to do that, it's cold enough for ice (black or regular) on our Texas roads, so I'm going to wait until it's not below freezing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts