Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short two months ago someone tried to steal my bike. This is the first nice bike I own and I wanted to "do it right" despite doing all my maintenance myself typically and took it to the dealer.

They kept the bike for 2 months because of the warehouse issues everyone is having and I think they returned it to me, charging me $1200, having done nothing.

The ignition I needed replaced is as dirty as I brought it in, the damage is still there, and they gave me my old keys.

Can anyone confirm that when an ignition barrel is replaced you should be receiving new keys? They gave me some story that in hindsight seemed total bullshit about transponders. I think I got fleeced, if I did there's going to be hell to pay.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Yes, new ignition barrel definitely comes with new keys, see item #25 in the attached pic. The keys contain transponders and have to be mated to the bike by the dealer.

Screen Shot 2018-05-06 at 09.22.53.png

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool, so they charged me $533 for a new ignition and $500 for labor and did nothing. Not psyched I have to deal with this.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts