Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else have the issue with standing and having hard bots poking your knees? There are a lot of hard metal edges right around the knees that you don't notice much when sitting down, but if you are standing, they can be unforgiving and painful. Especially if you are trying to "grip the tank" with your knees. The top of the shock on the left side is especially annoying.. If you notice, most dirt and adv bikes have a fairly smooth transition in that area while the sled has a bunch of parts coming together unevenly..

Does anyone else notice this? I see lots of nasty bruises in my future.. :p

I wonder if someone makes (tho I seriously doubt it) a panel that smooths those areas out? hhhmm.. If you fabricated one yourself (CF, AL or FG), where would you attach such a panel.. lol.. and how to not make it look like absolute shit.. :p

·
Registered
32 Posts
Can't say this bothers me if I'm wearing full gear. I've actually scratched my tank up a bit on both sides from my off-road knee braces, but I do agree there really isn't anything to grip to down there. The daily reminder that these bikes are mostly form over function, anything to make them function better usually takes away from the original design and looks like crap. I've considered those rubber tank side pads but god they're ugly.

·
Registered
25 Posts
The shock is an issue.
The tank and shape is not conducive for grabbing while riding standing up, which I tend to do a lot.

I think the scrambler was made for preppies first, then for off road folks with the Sled and no thought was put into standing while riding.

Panels could be changed but maybe just add some foam tank pads to the side.

I also wear at times over the knee half chaps which are padded and they work well to protect the tank and let me have some grip.
You can find them in ebay.
These zip up on the outside and are called half chaps.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
While riding last night I was standing up for over a mile and found that because my bike has the Rox Risers that bring the bar up and back I can stand up almost vertical. This does allow my knees to fit into that awkward location near the seat and into the rear of the tank. I'm not inclined to add rubber pads, I'll just get used to this but I wondered did you add risers on your bike?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts