Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed the Duo 36 set today (from Revzilla). Install was a breeze. They are typical high quality Kriega bags, and as the name suggests they hold 36L. They mount securely in place and look great on the Scrambler. My only complaint so far is that they aren't very quick to open. If you were going to go in/out of them constantly, you might get annoyed. The strap/hook that holds them in place at the bottom is also what holds them closed. Other than that, I'm really impressed and this is exactly what I wanted for my Scrambler! Here are a pile of pictures:

With the brackets, you can leave just the little stubs in place, and they are barely visible:

The next several pictures give you an idea of how the bracket side panels look on the bike:

The bags can be folded fairly flat if they are empty:

And here they are all full of groceries. I was pretty impressed with how much they swallowed up. I over filled the right one slightly, and it still closed up just fine. The last picture shows what was loaded into them.

My random grocery run: two 12 packs of soda water, a 1 pound bag of almonds, 3 bags of almond toppings, 2 bags of lettuce, shampoo, lemons, limes, avocados, lemon juice, lime juice, a dozen eggs, 1 pound of deli ham, a pound of deli cheese, a jar of blue cheese dressing, a box of nut thins, a pound of butter, a container of heavy whipping cream, and a potato masher. I wasn't sure about the two 12 packs (over 9 pounds each), but it all fit!

·
Registered
791 Posts
They look tidy. I might get the mounts just because those threaded holes on the subframe keep covering the back of my bike in orangey rust water that's doing my head in...

I was just going to put some short screws in but may as well add something more useful!

·
Registered
182 Posts
The pads and their mounting hardware are indeed an elegant and functional design. I will be fitting these to my Icon shortly, probably with throw-over bags from a different manufacturer.

·
Registered
26 Posts
There's a review on Revzilla that says the brackets were too close to the seat and rubbed holes on each side of the seat. Anyone else have this experience with this kit?

·
Registered
332 Posts
I have to admit. .I bout the UE bags the day I bought my UE. .. That MAY have been a mistake. . some of these aftermarket offerings are looking pretty nice.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There's a review on Revzilla that says the brackets were too close to the seat and rubbed holes on each side of the seat. Anyone else have this experience with this kit?
I have not had this issue, but they are close. It'd be very easy to fit a small spacer in there if needed.

Here are some loaded up pictures from a 3 day weekend ride up in Superior National Forest (so tent, collapsable chair, ground mat, sleeping bag, clothes, food, tools, everything..). The Wolfman 40L expedition bag (Size M) is a perfect match also.

One day I just ran around with one on to carry water, lunch, and some other personal items. It worked great as a solo size bag as well. The bags got very muddy and cleaned up well.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I recently fitted a pair of Kriega stand-off side panels to my Icon and have now added a set of Givi EA101B 30 litre throw-over bags. The bags are expandable and come with rain covers that can be securely fastened to keep everything dry

In the past few weeks I have tested this combination over good and bad roads, in extreme heat and rain, and at quite high speeds and can not fault them; they are very stable and only move slightly when the bike leans into corners. The bags are fastened at the rear to the Kriega pads and at the front to the passenger footage hangers. Positioning of the bags does not cause marking of either the frame, rear shock or plastics, and is not impacted on by the stock exhaust. A bonus is that I am still able to attach my Givi Xtreme 20 litre tail bag..

A point against fitting these bags is that a pillion can no longer be carried - though not a problem for me as my wife has her own bike. The second downside is that once fitted, it is not possible to simply remove the bags, as fastenings must be undone and the seat removed. I have found it easier to leave the bags attached to the bike and to just remove their separately bagged contents.
fullsizeoutput_179b.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_1799.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_1798.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_179a.jpeg

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am looking to go off touring the uk this summer and gave been looking at options and having looked at most forums and online shops, I am going for the Kriega duo36 as they look the part, are wetproof and can carry a lot.

Good choice

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks for sharing these very clear pictures. Is it possible to put the straps under the seat instead?? Will look much better IMO ..

1 - 19 of 19 Posts