Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I've not long had my 1100 Sport and I absolutely love it, thing is I can't seem to find anywhere to fit my US20 tail back on rear seat, on the monster it had bars under the seat to wrap the straps around but this bike doesn't have anywhere obvious. I've tried pushing them under the seat holder and in the gap between rear seat and rear wheel arch you can just squeeze your hands in and I can feel a bar but the bar has plates at each side so I cannot seem to wrap around. Has anyone got any photos of where to put the straps please if they have attempted to fit the Kruiger style gear?

Many thanks

·
Registered
733 Posts
I have a very small tail bag (5L)and I tried strapping it to the seat without success - it would not stay where I put it.. due to shape seat and no where to fix as you say...

They do a number of rear rack options... not that I am keen on a rack... but that may be the only option... or a rucksack..

If you find a better solution let me know.

I did think about drilling into the seat base and fixing the straps/mounts that Kreiga sell that people use on the Paningale...but not sure if base of seat is strong enough...

·
Registered
733 Posts
I just had a look and think that you can mount the Panigale mount kit off the luggage rack mounting points on the alloy sub frame and mount the pack from them...

I just ordered a set and a US5 pack... so if you wait a few days.. I will let you know if it works and how best to do it...

I did play about mounting my other small bag and still could not get it firm enough for my liking... I could get it on there fairly secure - but it still would move back and then with the wind pressure pushing down - there was the risk of covering the light.. To do that I used some strap down bolt on anchors fixed to the M8 holes for the rack.. but only off the front..

So took it off.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Guys after a bit of perseverance I've managed to sort it, I think I am happy - it certainly won't fall off but whether it's not going to slide slightly up or down upon riding I shall wait to find out. What I did was, if you feel under the 'gap' between wheel arch and seat which I mentioned yesterday there are bars, which you may remember I couldn't feed in the straps not being to get the other end of strap to wrap around but if you feed it in away from you, and then do up towards you the straps work around bar (that you can't see) and behind the plastic that you can see. I've now looped all 4 straps in and the bag can be clipped on the pillion seat or off leaving the straps there permanently. Phew.. I am so chuffed I've done it. I know you can also cut the excess straps but I haven't done that yet and just tucked them in the gap. To make it more secure I have also decided to store my new 'seat cover' under there and wedged it in.

Just in case any of you have the non slip seat that may get ruined in the rain/wet or if you're touring abroad and not able to store it for the night under shelter and don't want to get your seat wet, I have ordered this.... 75 CM dirtiest Motorcycle Cover Waterproof Seat Covers *Rain cover for protection against damp, dust Black 75 x 49 CM, PVC, with elastic band: Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike and it fits a treat. You can tuck over the whole seat, it folds up inside itself to a neat square and it even fits over the small kruiger tail pack left on my seat if I leave that too (I know it's waterproof) and it fits over the little tail part, so at least when I come back to it after a shower or downpour I am not going to get a wet bottom nor will my seat get ruined.... - have a look :)

·
Registered
1,530 Posts

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
That seat cover is super handy, and a neat little package, too. Outfitting for travel can be a challenge on the Scramblers, the bikes are compact as can be. But I noticed Hepco & Becker and SW Motech are already on the ball with side carriers for the 1100:

Ducati Scrambler 1100 Zubehör bei Hepco&Becker

SW-MOTECH Shop - qualitativ hochwertiges Motorradzubehör

That's what I find winter good for-- downtime to shop and piddle in the garage. Enjoy that bike!

Sarah
Piddle in the loo Dear - don't worry, it's your age. :cower:

·
Registered
733 Posts
As prommised

Here is the mounting of the US5 (or bigger) on the seat.

I used the Kriege Panigale Mounts
upload_2018-10-25_15-42-38.png

Coupled with mounting to the rack mounting holes.

On the front - Remove the bungs from the holes.

On the back remove the M10 Mounting Screws that also hold the tail light plate (under seat)

I wanted to make the straps slide in and out the way when not in use - so i made a spacer pack with washers and spacer so the strap was only lightly clamped - using the hole as the locator.

The spacers were from ebay - you just need 4 (1 per strap)

upload_2018-10-25_15-46-31.png

Then a mixture of M8 and M10 Stainless Washers and bolts

Front (Long Strap) - (Per Strap)

M8 Button Head Cap Screw - 20mm Long Stainless Steel
M10 Stainless Washer - 2 Off
M8 Stainless Washer
Spacer

Rear (Short Strap)

M8 Button or Cap Head Screw 40mm Long Stainless Steel
M8 Stainless Washer x 2 (spacer for recess on frame)
M10 Stainless Washer - 2 Off
M8 Stainless Washer
M8 Nylock Nut.

The spacer may need to be adjusted for height - depending on your washer thickness to snug but not clamp the strap.

Assembly of spacers and straps as per sketch.

Finished results as photos.

Sketch.JPG
IMG_1667.JPG
IMG_1668.JPG
IMG_1671.JPG
IMG_1670.JPG
IMG_1672.JPG

The rear strap could do with being longer - but the straps are not available seperately... so you would need to buy 2 kits... that way the bracket would have been not on an edge on the seat - but the long one would probably been too long.

Seems sturdy enough...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hey that's really good well done what ace idea using spacers, your photos are lovely and clear, - I think I put on here that in the end I managed to strap my long straps with the hookie bits on on the bar that's in the gap where you've put bolts, if you do them front to bike slide under bar that little space where you've put bolts I now store my w/p seat cover and the kruiger loose part of the strips sit in there, the hooks stay outside of the bike so I can hook my US20 on and off the bike should I need it. thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey Melnie,

I’m currently facing the exact same issue with my new 1100 Sport. Do you happen to have some pictures of your finished product? I’m struggling to follow your methodology.

thank you so much!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts