Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, the pics of that uber customized Scarmbler have made really want to find somebody who can produce those leather side panels, any ideas?

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
The pics I saw of the leather side panels were on bikes customised in Thailand. Maybe you will need to contact Ducati Thailand?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is the bike I was referring to. It had some cool features and some I did not care for but those leather side panels would be VERY cool on my Urban!!

·
Registered
564 Posts
I thought the same about those side panels.
I have a friend who does auto upholstery.I will be paying him a visit!

·
Registered
120 Posts
You can buy Vinyl Wrap that has leather texture... Maybe give that a go? You can even go more fancy and get crocodile skin, velvet, snake skin, etc... Pretty easy to apply too.

·
Registered
219 Posts
What did you do about adhering the badge to the leather as far as adhesive goes? Do you know what weight leather the saddle maker used? 3oz? or thicker?

Did they glue the leather to the aluminum side covers? The stitching looks decorative unless you punched holes through the aluminum to sew the backing piece to :)

My worry is that rain and sun will kill real leather that hasn't been treated with wax and UV inhibitors in short order, but I may not know what I'm talking about. I do make stuff out of leather and could theoretically wrap my covers like this. I'm almost more tempted to sew leather covers onto the bike without removing them, but then the emblems would show through the back.

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
I think the leather side panels look cool. They'd be crap in bad weather though.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Oh I LIKE that!! I remember that black-and-leather tank and really wanted to copy that, good to know it's possible!! Looking great with that leather, wonder if my other half could do something similar (he dabbled in leatherworking). :D

1 - 20 of 32 Posts