Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

The left turn signal fails on my 2019 stopped working. Called a mechanic who recommended to follow the wire to check possible unplugged connector.
looking at the wire, it seems I should completely take the tank off, which isn't a simple affair to me.
Any idea how I could proceed to solve this problem ? I mean by myself, I'd prefer not paying a number of bucks to have the mechanic do it !
Any advices would be much appreciate!
Thanks in advance; ride safe ✌

·
Registered
193 Posts
Hi. I have a new bike with water in indicators so I have read a lot on here about Ducati and their dreadful electrics. Apparently the fuel connector under the tank is a pig, as is the tube work and tortuous routing. If you take your tank off the warranty will be void and you risk pretty scary gas leaks so, IMHO, don't do it. You say 2019 bike so it must be under warranty, get them to do it.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I swapped my standard indicators for the Scrambler LEDs (I have a 2015 Icon) and it wasn't that big a deal to find the connectors.

If you loosen the tank, you can lift it up enough to stick some 2" x 2" under it without disconnecting anything. You should be able to see the wires running down the righthand side of the bike (right = as you are sat on the thing). They were clearly marked on mine with 'left' and 'right' stickers and a simple male/female type plug.

I guess they could have changed the routing of the wires but it's a 15 minute job to check. I hold my hand up to being a rank amateur with mechanicals so if I can do it most folk probably can.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts