Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Great info. Just went through this process on my buddies FZ09. Amazing difference in how the bike rides.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
If you decide to slide the fork tubes up in the trees remember, just a little dab will do. Slide them a quarter inch or so and ride the bike, then slide a bit more if you need to. It doesn't take much to make a dramatic difference.

Sarah

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you decide to slide the fork tubes up in the trees remember, just a little dab will do. Slide them a quarter inch or so and ride the bike, then slide a bit more if you need to. It doesn't take much to make a dramatic difference.

Sarah
Ooh Sarah, the things you say!

Seriously he said about 6.5mm is about right.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Hello
Seriously he said about 6.5mm is about right.
That's already a lot... I would just try 2mm more, at first.

I bought an XTZ660, whose fork tubes had been moved 1 cm upper in the triple tees, to lower the bike for a short-legged driver :) I moved them back to the original position and the change was really impressive : before, the bike was really unstable in straight lines, I wouldn't have remove my hands from the handlebar, after it was perfect.

·
Registered
788 Posts
The guy in the video says there is only two clicks one way from the "stock setting" so which way do you go ,up or down.
He was referring to the rear spring at that point. The rear spring has 5 pre-load settings I believe, maybe 6...
Standard it comes set in the middle, which as far as I can tell is the correct pre-load for a 50kg Asian teenager.

The front forks have no 'settings' as such, just the measurement distance between the top of the fork and the upper edge or the triple clamp. Once loosened, the forks will slide up and down freely, to your desired position.

I would advise anyone who isn't confident in what they are doing, to leave the forks alone.

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
And definitely don’t unscrew the pinch bolts if the bike is not supported on a center stand or jack or something.

·
Registered
255 Posts
He was referring to the rear spring at that point. The rear spring has 5 pre-load settings I believe, maybe 6...
Standard it comes set in the middle, which as far as I can tell is the correct pre-load for a 50kg Asian teenager.
I'm some way from that weight so immediately adjusted shock pre-load to one from top.
TBH I'm a new rider so not sure what good suspension is meant to feel like - all positive comments about M Shock will probably mean I'll go down that route next year.

·
Registered
788 Posts
I'm some way from that weight so immediately adjusted shock pre-load to one from top.
TBH I'm a new rider so not sure what good suspension is meant to feel like - all positive comments about M Shock will probably mean I'll go down that route next year.
I'm 86kg and the very highest pre-load setting still doesn't really cut it and having the spring under so much tension, means it's even quicker to hit the crap part of the progressive spring.

The Scrambler doesn't even come close to good suspension. I love the bike but the suspension is some of the worst I've experienced. Bike handles surprisingly well considering.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts