Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back in baby's arms. Bike was in the shop for a week because they ordered the wrong levers. For those of you with the new hydraulic clutch and considering ordering new levers, be very cautious. Not many options out there apparently. Some manufacturers websites indicate their levers will work. As of this writing, they do not (in my case Rizoma) . Hotbodiesracing.com had the ones that are compatible and they are freakin awesome.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
$150... eesh. Look pretty identical to a lot of the CNC levers you can get on eBay for 1/3rd the price.

Good advice to be careful since the switch to hydraulic clutches though!

Yeah, I really hope these aren't the cheapies just rebranded. I've heard they have safety issues.. Of course I've hear that from people who sell levers :culpability:

·
Registered
816 Posts
Yeah, I really hope these aren't the cheapies just rebranded. I've heard they have safety issues.. Of course I've hear that from people who sell levers :culpability:
Think a lot of that is fear mongering to be honest. If you buy from a reputable eBay seller, I don’t think where the levers are made makes a difference. They are just lumps of aluminium cut to a certain shape by a CNC machine at the end of the day. I’m sure there are bad ones out there but plenty of good.
I suspect the same CAD drawings are shared around, which is why the same design of levers is seen everywhere.

I’ve used eBay shorty levers on 3 different bikes now for over 25,000 miles combined and never had an issue beyond my own incompetence when it comes to cable adjustments.

I always find it a bit amusing that people have a distrust for anything manufactured in China but I’m almost certain the standard bike levers (and a lot more besides) probably came from exactly there anyway.

Really annoys me that even on relatively expensive bikes you still get crappy levers, mirrors god awful number plate hangers.
Almost a given you have to budget to replace them all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts