Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for making a new post, it's winter here and I might be a little bit stir crazy.

Could anyone recommend a rear wheel lift for my 2016 model 62? I've never owned a bike without a center stand before. Will I need a front wheel lock or anything too?

And I was looking at some of the rear fender delete kits - would I end up with road slime all over my back and head if I used one of those in drippy weather? I tend to ride year round, rain or shine. Or could I remove the giant plastic overhang, and install one of the other models tiny fender things?

Most of the fender deletes seem to come with light mods that remove the pods in favor of an integrated system. Anyone know if that's road legal in Texas? And/or if they're visible and safe?

·
Registered
733 Posts
Generally any mod is illegal in Europe when it comes to lights or plates or even tail tidies... but in most cases its not enforced... but it depends on your country.

I assume you want to remove the number plate bracket and intermediate piece and move plate up near fender or under fender... in which case... yes you will get wetter and dirtier than now..

You can lift rear wheel using a real lift - using bobbins or pads... If you want to go this way.. buy the Evotech (or similar) rear spindle bung / bobbin combination and any suitable stand from anywhere (Harbor Freight or Ebay or Amazon or your bike shop)

Or more versatile is a centre lift - from someone like Bursig or Constand

upload_2019-3-2_7-8-2.png

This gets both wheels off ground and allows you to move bike around to park easier in garage after cleaning.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
I have bobbins - they work like this:
Screen Shot 2019-03-04 at 9.35.06 am.png
Screen Shot 2019-03-04 at 9.38.53 am.png

I bought one with casters on as it lets me move the bike (to a degree) - there's not much space where I keep it, obviously not as freely as the Bursig style mentioned by Simon.

I also have a tail-tidy - I do get wetter in the rain but I'm on the east coast of Aus and it's fairly rare I get caught in the stuff nowadays ;)
Screen Shot 2019-03-04 at 9.35.19 am.png

This is all legal in Sydney.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts