Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What lift stands do you US owners use for at home maintenance?

The Pit Bull stands seem to be the only ones I can find that allow the removal of the rear wheel, but at $200 for just the rear, that's a bit steep.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a Powerbuilt 4,000 lb. Triple Lift Floor Jack, which can also be used on my cars.
I have a flat jack that I use for my other bike, but it's frame works well with it. Looking at the bottom of the Scrambler, it doesn't seem like it would be good to use on such a jack. Do you have a photo of your bike on the jack?

·
Registered
734 Posts
I have a flat jack that I use for my other bike, but it's frame works well with it. Looking at the bottom of the Scrambler, it doesn't seem like it would be good to use on such a jack. Do you have a photo of your bike on the jack?
Well today was my first time that I used the Powerbuilt 4,000 lb. Triple Lift Floor Jack to install the Nitro shock, prior to lift the bike I secure the bike with straps. No complaints with my first use. I don't have pictures with the Scrambler.
here the Powerbuilt with a bike( got it from the net).

Attachments

·
Registered
159 Posts
Go on Ebay.

They make standard "Black" Ones for like $100 for both front and rear.

had them a few already, they work just fine.

·
Registered
26 Posts
What lift stands do you US owners use for at home maintenance?

The Pit Bull stands seem to be the only ones I can find that allow the removal of the rear wheel, but at $200 for just the rear, that's a bit steep.
Hi,
I endorse the recommendation for the Abba Superbike stand. I'm in NZ, but a guy imports this stand from the UK. Maybe you can, too. It's simple and safe to use, rock-steady, great for work on rear wheel or chain, and equally safe and steady when you want to remove the stand. Have a look at it on the web and You Tube - I think you'll like it.

Pete

1 - 17 of 17 Posts