Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been riding the country lanes late at night (returning from work) and I find the standard lights on my FT woefully inadequate.

Has anybody added auxiliary lights ?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Yes.Denali makes some very good led lights. I installed a set wired to be on with the headlight and go to high beam when high beam is switched on. They small but very bright and very well made

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
did you have to install the crash bars to mount the lights.

I have looked at them and at £249 a pair.....a tad bit expensive

·
Registered
564 Posts
I fitted these from Amazon. Carchet is the brand and they were about £12 each.
I also bought a wiring loom from Amazon which made wiring them in easy.
Initially I had them fitted to some crash bars which I've taken off because I want to keep the bike less cluttered .

I did have to modify the brackets to fit them to the bike frame rail.
image.jpeg

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cool. these are the exact same lights i was looking on amazon. they look good as DRL but are they any good in the night specially riding in rain?.

The other option was similar projector lights but they are using the H3 bulbs. also on amazon

·
Registered
564 Posts
cool. these are the exact same lights i was looking on amazon. they look good as DRL but are they any good in the night specially riding in rain?.

The other option was similar projector lights but they are using the H3 bulbs. also on amazon
They aren't super bright but they are a definite improvement over the standard headlight. Cheap enough to give them a go.If you buy the harness then it will be easy to change to another brand later on if they aren't up to your expectations ?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the info. i guess that i will try both the led and the H3

Reactions: Dave S

·
Registered
814 Posts
I fitted an Osram night racer 110 H4 60/55W replacement lamp about a year ago. Cost about £16 on ebay for a pack of two ( comes with a little m/c helmet to store spare)

It is definitely "whiter" and a bit brighter than the stock lamp.:sunny:

Here's a link but lots more sources

OSRAM H4 Night Racer 110% More Light Performance Motorbike Headlight Bulbs x 2
Might give this a go. I put OSRAM night breakers in my car and the difference really was...... night and day :cool-28:

·
Registered
79 Posts
As delivered my Classic had the headlight set too high. Low beam lit the road but high beam was much worse. If you have problems with the high beams, you might want to adjust lower. It is a simple screw on the right side under the headlight. Made a big difference for me.

But I do like the idea of more light.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I added aux lights to the scrambler ft i put some led floods on the front with fork mounts. Lights up the road like daylight

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I added aux lights to the scrambler ft i put some led floods on the front with fork mounts. Lights up the road like daylight
Would it be possible to post some pictures of the lights please.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts