Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unfortunately I've been away a lot in the last 3 months so I have only just got just got 560 miles on my F T. The dealer I bought the bike from is 200 miles away (don't ask) so I phoned my local dealer (40 miles away) to arrange a service and was told the first available date was June 29th! I tried another dealer a little further away and got a similar date. I wonder if it's because I didn't buy the bike from them or if they are genuinely booked up so far in advance. Any U K riders had this problem? They told me I could go 100 miles over but not much more. What a bummer at this time of year!

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Don't go in for the service until the service lamp comes on. (around 620 miles) If I'm not mistaken, they can't stop it coming on but can only put it out afterwards. This means another trip to the dealer to have it re-set.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My problem is I've got 560 on the clock, my nearest dealer is 40 miles away and I have to wait weeks for a service! It's no good waiting for the service light to come on as I'd still have to wait weeks for a service. Thanks for your response though.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
I didn't really mean wait for the light, I meant just make sure it's on before going in, whenever that is or it will come on on the way home.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts