Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would love to have 1 to 2 inch more suspensions travel.. any idea?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm about done with my desert sled swap, waiting on some small parts, it's not a cheap mod though, but less $$$$ than ohlins

·
Registered
41 Posts
The sled has thinner legs. Not shure would fit
Well, that's not true, they actually larger in diameter and longer. Never trust what people tell you on the internet, measure for yourself. Once the I finish painting the desert sled triple trees, it's all gong back together. I'll post some photos next week

·
Registered
41 Posts
In that case, if they truly are smaller, just shim them. You may want to increase the spring rate though with a heavier 1100. problem with the sled forks though is there's only one front brake.

I've been down this rabbit hole and it goes deep

·
Registered
797 Posts
This Multistrada has 200mm of suspension travel so maybe look if this fork can be made to fit the Scrambler 1100. Getting a longer travel rear shock is something a suspension company can help you with. I wouldn't go threw the trouble though as you probably also need to strengthen the rear to really utilize all this travel.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Small budget guys... looking for a smart cheap solution...
I don't think that it exists. You would have to have longer stanchion tubes and a longer shock.
Only cheap thing I can think of is to suspend your seat or put an air blatter in it.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Its not about the seat. Seating position is almost perfect now and soft. Is about having an higher bike. But thanks guys

·
Registered
797 Posts
Its not about the seat. Seating position is almost perfect now and soft. Is about having an higher bike. But thanks guys
If it's about getting the bike higher( suspension travel is something totally different)you might be able to mount a shim between the top mount of the rear shock. Might try to get some info at a local suspension shop. If you're a heavy guy(like me) you could start by increasing the preload if you haven't adjusted the suspension yet.There's also some space above the triple tree in the front that you can drop down to increase the height.
20200202_145455.jpg

1 - 13 of 13 Posts